Dogs 101- slight rant

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I like the show mostly but this bothers me- they have a show for chiweenies and still NO papillon show! What the heck!? I can understand a labradoodle show since they're pretty popular and some people are trying for breed status but a chiweenie? Really?

And then how do they pick breeds? It's cool they do things like the lagotto and peruvian inca orchid but wouldn't it be more practical to do more popular breeds first?

I was hoping they would go through all the ACK accepted breeds and then start on the none accepted and rarer ones before ever doing something called a "chiweenie"

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Me too! I know there are other pretty popular breeds that haven't been done yet too (like Shelties for example). But they're already doing chiweenies. I don't get it.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I know... The Pug one was very stereotypical too...

Why do designer breeds? Labradoodles i can see, they're nearly a breed in Australia, but the other designer breeds have no purpose!

Bah... It'll never end...

PS. Papillions are on my list of dogs i want to own, they're so pretty... I wonder how they'd get along with my Pugs.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I know... The Pug one was very stereotypical too...

Why do designer breeds? Labradoodles i can see, they're nearly a breed in Australia, but the other designer breeds have no purpose!

Bah... It'll never end...

PS. Papillions are on my list of dogs i want to own, they're so pretty... I wonder how they'd get along with my Pugs.
I have a friend with two pugs and two paps, they get along swimmingly. ;)
/offtopic/

Grab

I think that they just did one on Chows, and I missed it. There is a 4 and a half minute blurb of the episode online, but that's hardly the same.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah I've seen the breed all about it. It was cool, showed off the breed's intelligence and even showed a papillon herding. But about half of it was Kirby and John Oulton just talking. It's just older and I'd like to see a new take on it.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I watched the "Chorkie" one too...

The dogs on that one were sooo ugly... Like someone took the normally beautiful Chinese Crested and gave it stringy yorkie hair that's not filled in properly. Doesn't even look chihuahua at all.

xpaeanx

Yeah, I think they should do all AKC Breeds first... than go on to "other" breeds...

But honestly, I don't think they should really do designer breeds... it just adds more to people wanting/buying them... and they come from byb/mills.... sad. :(

The Labradoodle is the one exception... but they should be SURE to mention to get one that's a multigen...

S

Squishy22

I think most designer mixes are just plain ugly. Having a pure bred is no longer cool anymore, its boring. Having a dog that consists of an interesting mix is now the new and exciting thing... Who cares what the dog actually looks like or how how their health is. *rolls eyes*. I am ALWAYS going to have a pure bred dog, unless its a rescue.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I think most designer mixes are just plain ugly. Having a pure bred is no longer cool anymore, its boring. Having a dog that consists of an interesting mix is now the new and exciting thing... Who cares what the dog actually looks like or how how their health is. *rolls eyes*. I am ALWAYS going to have a pure bred dog, unless its a rescue.
This!

People scoff at me because i want purebred dogs, they get all up in arms about it. I work with rescue though, i see mixes and honestly I'm not going to get a dog to get a dog because it's interesting looking. My friend, all she wants is a Jack Russel Chihuahua mix. Or any kind of dog mixed with a chihuahua. She thinks it'll be like a super dog or something and how purebreds are so awful (her sister who she lives with owns Wile E. Coyote, my purebred chihuahua "nephew" which this girl LOVES) and when i told her i only want purebreds she freaked at me despite the fact i like predictability and want my dog to have certain traits. She's the type of girl to get all squeely when puppies are involved... It's disgusting.

Members online

No members online now.