Pit Bull Pamphlet!

Roxy's CD

^ I disagree. There will be a few "BYB", but generally all pitbulls have been s/n since OCtober, that's the law. If your dog hasn't been s/n and anyone finds out? Your dog will either be euthanized or taken to the pound to be s/n and then given to someone else. A few people in my town tried to keep their dogs intact for breeding (So they could make a cash load because of the ban) and their dogs have been s/n by the pound and they won't return them. Any pups born after a certain date are euthanized. I know of 3 dogs that have been euthanized in my town and two of them were my pups sisters.

Amstaffer

Citrus007 said:
I like pit bulls. I'm not sure if I will ever have one but I have no problem against them. I think banning pit bulls did more harm than good because it will increase the number of poorly bred and raised ones becaus enow the only people breeding them will be the people who don't care about the law. the law doesn't get rid of all the pitbulls in the area, the only people who are going to listen to the pit bull banning law are the good people who wouldn't fight or raise a dog incorrectly so all thats left are the bad people who don't care about the law and they will make the problem worse. Its sad because I think pit bulls are generally very nice and cute.
I agree....

Roxy, you might have good enforcement in your area but in many places in the USA its often the case that when something is banned then only the criminals have "it". The dogs will just be kept in basements and let out only at night :mad:

Roxy's CD

^ Oh yes, they can keep the dogs, but what are you going to do with the puppies? As I said the puppies will all be killed. No needles, no vet ever.... I agree that in larger areas, cities the problem of poorly breeding these animals will probably grow. but at the same time I think "these/those people" will most likely just move onto another breed as the supreme court as already mentioned.

Trip

I love Pitts, there's a ban here now, almost cried at the amount of them put down when it passed. My friend adopted one at last minute so there's alot of rules for her to follow but aleast she gets to live.

Senna

very informative and i would but my mom doesnt allow me to download things...

pitbulls are the best

My pup is 6 months old, and is the best dog ever. In two months, Iwill be bringing home a new pit bu ll puppy from a very reputable breeder. It is not the dog that is the problem, but the irresponsible owner, and the people who get dogs for the wrong reasons. some get pit bulls because they are the "tough" dogs with a reputation. And, people tend to believe the negative publicity. Bad for the dogs, who are euthanized in St. Louis anytime they are bought into a dog control shelter. They are not even given a chance. They don't even give the dog a personality test, they are just automatically euthanized. My daughter and I went to all the shelters and there were no pitbulls at all. they referred us to the pitbull rescue, but could not find any numbers for that. I am sorry to rant and rave, but I am really upset about t his. We have a tiny toy poodle who everyone loves, but is a real nipper. Noone cares because she is so small. If my pit did that, it would be a huge problem. Good for all y ou folk who just love the dogs, and want the best for them.

Always makes me sad when any dog owner approves of BSL. The breed that you own is just another link in the chain, and you may, too, face banishment one day. As of 2001, 36 breeds of dog had killed people. I believe the count for BSL has somewhere around 75 breeds affected by it in America. In Italy, they're regulating such innocuous breeds as Corgis, Miniature Pinschers and Collies. Don't count on not facing BSL yourself someday, and hopefully the Pit Bull owners will still be around to fight by your side against it.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Always makes me sad when any dog owner approves of BSL. The breed that you own is just another link in the chain, and you may, too, face banishment one day. As of 2001, 36 breeds of dog had killed people. I believe the count for BSL has somewhere around 75 breeds affected by it in America. In Italy, they're regulating such innocuous breeds as Corgis, Miniature Pinschers and Collies. Don't count on not facing BSL yourself someday, and hopefully the Pit Bull owners will still be around to fight by your side against it.
well said... wow, 36 to 75. thats disastrous

well said... wow, 36 to 75. thats disastrous
The irony is, not all dog breeds that have killed people are regulated, but some breeds that have never been pinned with a single fatality (at least not in the USA) are. Staffordshire Bull Terriers have never killed anybody, and are legislated against. Same with Dogo Argentinos. Then again, Labradors, Pomeranians, Dachshunds and Collies have killed people, but aren't named in BSL in this country that I know of. Its just a mess.

What I don't understand how some pitbulls are soooo friendly and nice and other times they totally scare me. There is a pitbull down the street from me that is constantly trying to start fights with my dogs and even w ith me. Is this because of unresponsible ownership?
Darn right its irresponsible ownership- the dog should be properly contained! If it really is an APBT and is aggressive toward you it is NOT typical APBT temperament and should be euthanized if it's usually left to run loose. I would give the owners hell. Sounds harsh- but it is the only plausible solution to these substandard hybrid nightmares these ignorant people have bred poorly and refuse to control. There are ill-bred "pit bulls" who still have good temperaments- if they are owned or adopted by knowledgeable and responsible people that's fine with me, but at this point the entire breed of true APBTs cannot afford to have unstable/aggressive "pit bull" hybrids/mixes/bad seeds running about. NO dog should be allowed to run loose, much less an APBT.

I am SO glad there are other Pit Bull owners here!!!!

This is so exciting, I LOVE this forum!

What does "I've been frosted" mean?

Amstaffer

I am SO glad there are other Pit Bull owners here!!!!

This is so exciting, I LOVE this forum!

What does "I've been frosted" mean?
Welcome...Glad to have ya here.

"I've been frosted" is a kinda "game" people send it around in a hope to get everyone to include it into their sig. It is just for fun, you don't have to do it.

Members online