Grimm

Grab

Three years ago, a little Shih Tzu mix (then named Moses) was surrendered to the clinic I work at. We'd been doing outpatient parvo treatments, but he'd taken a turn for the worse and his owners couldn't afford treatment. We treated him in hospital and, slowly, he began to recover. The lad saw a picture and, always a fan of Shih Tzu type dogs..particularly wee little pups..began the lobbying to have him join our home. I'd wanted a smooth Chow, so held out. But, finally he won me over. Since he was supposed to be a Chow, Grimm got to be an honorary one, and got in on the Story name theme usually reserved for his larger housemates.

Since he was to be segregated at home until a few weeks past his last meds, he spent about a week just hanging out at home. He was an active little pup, always smiling and in good spirits. In fact, I don't think he had more than mere minutes of being anything but jolly in all his time with us.

We eventually got our smooth Chow, and they became best friends. At first he frequently won the hippo battles, but as she grew, Goose was soon able to just tank through him. While at first disappointed, Grimmy soon accepted it..particularly since they still had an understanding. And even when flattened under the hippo puppy, Grimm would smile.

We joked that he'd be the 18 yr old dog sleeping on Clive's bed, as he was our healthiest dog..never so much as an off day.

Even at his sickest, the evening he passed, he managed a tail wag before he headed in to his crate, which is where I found him, sleeping, the next morning.

While grateful we didn't have to make a decision, three years wasn't long enough.

Rest well, Muppet

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
so sorry for your loss :( He was taken far too soon but left a big impact on your family in that short amount of time.

RIP Grimm

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry. May Grimm be running free with all our loved ones. Grimm will be in your heart and memories forever. Cherish all the love you gave each other.

SpringerLover

Oh baby Grimm! I remember those first pictures, he was so freaking adorable, and just got more handsome as he grew.

You've got lots of photos to remember him by. How's Goosie taking it?

Grab

Oh baby Grimm! I remember those first pictures, he was so freaking adorable, and just got more handsome as he grew.

You've got lots of photos to remember him by. How's Goosie taking it?
She's pretty lost. Aesop is socially inept (they can hang out together now, but he doesn't play..biting butts in a predatory manner is no one else's idea of fun), Jules and Ginger are older and don't play at all, ever (Jules and Grimm would play once in awhile, but that's the only dog Jules has ever played with in 10 years) and Newt is barely a dog, lol. (she's very much a sit next to you on the couch kind of dog) So, Goose has done a lot of pacing. She tried to get Jules to play, which he did NOT appreciate.

We hadn't considered what would happen if one of our younger dogs passed on too soon.

Members online

No members online now.