Soooo....This is a New One

Argon, the precious love of my life, is apparently have some sort of problem. He's usually very well behaved, though not above having his naughty moments.
Over the past few weeks, every time he is corrected by someone who is not me, he has either peed or attempted to pee on that person. He did pee on me once after being corrected about a year ago. This is not fearful piddling, this is leg cocked to the sky peeing.
The corrections are either a 'no' or 'eh-eh' to distract him, the same thing I do for him.
The first time, it was horrifying. The second time, I was shocked. The third time, it was a pattern. He's now not allowed to go to daycare unless I can be the one supervising him, since that is where most of the corrections take place.
Why in the world is he doing this? He's been to the vet and does not have a health issue (though I think I heard her laughing after she left the room :p ). Nothing major has changed in his life. I sometimes fear that my darling whippetus is a bit of an asshole! :rolleyes:
Thougthts? Suggestiosn? Moist Towelettes for the peed on?

lizzybeth727

Maybe you should examine why he's getting corrected. There might be a pattern. Maybe he's peeing because he's irritated with another dog and it's kind of a mental check-out. Maybe he's irritated with the person doing the correcting, and he's figured out that peeing distracts the person.

What does he do during and after the person cleans up the pee? Maybe there's a pattern there, too. :dunno:

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
belly band is all i got. but it is really hilarious to imagine ,

"NO"
"Please I do what i want" PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LOL

Barb04

Super Moderator
I have no solutions, but you're making me laugh so hard this morning imagining this happening.

He was corrected once for inappropriate digging, once for mounting, and once for getting in the pool and refusing to let anyone else escape the 95 degree heat.
He's been marched off to time out after peeing on someone, which isn't much of a punishment, because he doesn't mind time out. Plus, he usually gets to be in an upper cage, and he can pull his 'woe is me' act for anyone walking by. He's very believable, too, if you dont' know him.
Honestly, I think he's doing it because he's pissed (literally) with the person for telling him 'no'. This dog has more ego and attitude then 10 normal dogs. God, he's great.
I'll try making him wear a belly band the next time he goes. Of course, this is the dog who regularly pees on his own leg because he can't aim worth a diddly, so he might not care!

Barb04

Super Moderator
I hope things improve, but you're only making me laugh more. I'm sorry. He sounds like such a cutie and loves you so.

Argon is like that cute little child who knows he's cute, so he can get away with anything. Luckily, most of my coworkers are onto him, but, he can still snow the boss like a pro.

He's certainly been a learning experience, but how can you not adore a dog with a sense of humor?

Members online

No members online now.