QUICK!! Look In Here!!!

F

FluffyZooCrew

Audubon wants you to look at her piccies from today!!

"I can feel the wind in mah hair mom!"

"Are we there yet?!"

F

FluffyZooCrew

"Throw it throw it throw it throw it throw it!!!!!"

"I got it I got it I got it I got it!"

Saje

Island dweller
Love them! Especially the first one in post five. Too precious

F

FluffyZooCrew

Very cute pictures. But that dog needs its nails done. BADLY. Her poor feetses!
Her nails aren't *that* long, I assure you. Her quicks are long, and she gets her nails clipped every 2-3 weeks, as do all my dogs. She just got her nails trimmed all the way back 3 weeks ago. I assure you, she isn't being neglected, LOL. :D

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
Her nails aren't *that* long, I assure you. Her quicks are long, and she gets her nails clipped every 2-3 weeks, as do all my dogs. She just got her nails trimmed all the way back 3 weeks ago. I assure you, she isn't being neglected, LOL. :D
Oh I wasn't insinuating she was being neglected at all! Don't think that! Some people are just unaware of the negative impact overgrown nails can have on a pooch's feet and legs, is all.

If you want to get that quick receding for you though, I've had to do it before from a similar length as that. I've found the Dremel to be most effective. You have to keep at it though. At least once a week, or even more, give them a little filing, and the quick will shorten back up for you in no time.

I'm not trying to be mean by any stretch - I'd just hate to see one of her poor nails getting ripped out and infected. :(

F

FluffyZooCrew

No worries, I wasn't taking it as a bad thing!! :D

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I wasn't neglecting her, hehe. But I definitely understand your concern. Having them ripped out worries me too. Blue's nails are worse. His quicks are ridicuously long, and the vet has cut the quick before trying to get them short (not cut on purpose though) and the nail was still so long that it twists to the side.

And I've never tried a dremmel before, but my vet who raises poodles was telling me the other day he invested in one and loves it. He told me where he got it, and I plan to go out soon and get one. I've heard great things about 'em!

What a pretty girl!! What is she? lol (Sorry..I don't want to think right now). Sorry, but the very first thing I noticed was her nails! I agree YHNI, about the quick shortening method. It won't be extremely pleasant for her, but its will definitely help her nails!

bubbatd

I have " issues " with Ollie's nails too ! They were so long when I got him and very long quick ! I do need to get a good pair as mine are old and dull ! What's my best bet ??

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I got a dremel on amazon.com. It works great. But if you have never used one, your dogs may think it is an evil machine for drilling holes in dog hearts. it took a lot of liver to get him to accept it. Several cows worth.

It does a good job, though and leaves the edges all smooth and rounded.

bubbatd

Amy got one for Christmas .... I'll have Hunter and Maggie May here for a week next month and I'll try her's .

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
No worries, I wasn't taking it as a bad thing!! :D

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I wasn't neglecting her, hehe. But I definitely understand your concern. Having them ripped out worries me too. Blue's nails are worse. His quicks are ridicuously long, and the vet has cut the quick before trying to get them short (not cut on purpose though) and the nail was still so long that it twists to the side.

And I've never tried a dremmel before, but my vet who raises poodles was telling me the other day he invested in one and loves it. He told me where he got it, and I plan to go out soon and get one. I've heard great things about 'em!

I swear by the Dremel. Slade has never been clipped actually. I've Dremeled him since he was 8 weeks old. Surprisingly enough, even dogs that I've worked on who absolutely REFUSED to tolerate being clipped and quasi-required sedation, have been accepting of the Dremel once they made their peace with the sound it makes.

I wouldn't recommend one of the specifically pet-marketed "pedipaws" or whatever they're called. They're too expensive for nothing, and the little "guard" they have makes your ability to see what you're doing, difficult at best. I got my Dremel at the hardware store for 10 bucks, and it works great.

When you're ready to give it a shot, if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help. :)

This link is great too.

CIGRescue - Nails RIGHT-HANDED

OK - sorry for the threadjack! Back to picture talk!

Members online

No members online now.