The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
If boardering a park here a ranger will shoot them. Otherwise you have to call the sheriff. As far as I know its only deer we have to report.

A lady who I helped with her horses a couple times said she had one hit by a car and it was screaming horribly and needed shot. Highway patrolman would not do it. Said it was supposed to be up to his discretion and he refused. A passerby finally went home and got his gun. He tried to make them feel bad not witing two hours for the vet to "do it humanely".
Geeze :(, I am glad its not done that way here, here for all native species a fish and game has to be called, then they send someone out who has the authority to shoot the animal if need be or, in case of an endangered species, transport it to the vet to be euthed.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm obviously retarded.

I just need some dirt. Guys. Where do I get dirt. Cheap. To fill some holes and lay some ground covering to plant grass.

Guys. What kind of grass will grow in Michigan. Everything I'm searching is giving me different ideas! :mad:

eta- also guys, when do I plant seed!?
Try asking on craigslist for fill dirt. Somebody might be trying to get rid of it and will let you come haul what you need away for free (because, as you might guess, paying a company to haul dirt isn't free!) I got rid of my road pack that was underneath the asphalt I removed via craigslist, a guy was redoing his driveway in the country. Took him two trips but he hauled ALL of it off for free - and I of course didn't charge him for it either, so we both benefited.

SpringerLover

I just don't understand why rats can't live longer. Every other rodent lives way longer and are way less awesome.

Tulip hasn't looked well for a couple of weeks now. I thought she'd be gone way before now. She's very weak, and the last couple of days I've had to help her balance to stay upright for meals, and her little hands don't seem to be working very well anymore. She's still eating heartily though, and comes out to the front of the cage to see me. She's older than dirt for a rat, but it still isn't nearly enough time.

Esther has a massive tumor that's now impeding her mobility. She stays in one spot most of the time now, but again, she's still eating and seems to be in good spirits. I've never had a rat with a tumor before, so I feel a little lost in the "when is it time" department. All of my other rats have passed at home on their own. I'm hoping the same for her, but somehow I feel like eventually I will have to make a QOL decision :(

Now Peony has a tumor too.

Which leaves me with one healthy rat.

:(
:( I love the rats! I'm sorry I brought you a defective rat. :(

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I'm giving my room a long overdue cleaning, and decided to rearrange things. It's been the same since I moved in 3 years ago.

My bed is so freaking heavy that after I moved it, I was pretty much spent. At least the cleaning is pretty much done! I'll move my desk and TV tomorrow. Wish I could've finished tonight, but there's no way!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I just don't understand why rats can't live longer. Every other rodent lives way longer and are way less awesome.

Tulip hasn't looked well for a couple of weeks now. I thought she'd be gone way before now. She's very weak, and the last couple of days I've had to help her balance to stay upright for meals, and her little hands don't seem to be working very well anymore. She's still eating heartily though, and comes out to the front of the cage to see me. She's older than dirt for a rat, but it still isn't nearly enough time.

Esther has a massive tumor that's now impeding her mobility. She stays in one spot most of the time now, but again, she's still eating and seems to be in good spirits. I've never had a rat with a tumor before, so I feel a little lost in the "when is it time" department. All of my other rats have passed at home on their own. I'm hoping the same for her, but somehow I feel like eventually I will have to make a QOL decision :(

Now Peony has a tumor too.

Which leaves me with one healthy rat.

:(
Aw :( That really sucks :( They definitely don't live long enough and always seem to decline in the blink of an eye.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
I was so close to going to sleep, then my sister walked into room & asked if she could sleep with me.Because,apparently she started seeing, & hearing things, & got scared.

Here's to another sleepless night.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
My parents went to a seminar yesterday, and a couple there had lost their BMD to an unknown disease the day before. While the dog was 10 years old, it was still very sudden and they were very broken up about it.

What does my dad say? "We've got FOUR dogs, want one?"

If someone said that to me in my situation I would have straight up punched them in the face. Nevermind the fact he thinks he's funny by offering my dogs up to other people.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
My parents went to a seminar yesterday, and a couple there had lost their BMD to an unknown disease the day before. While the dog was 10 years old, it was still very sudden and they were very broken up about it.

If someone said that to me in my situation I would have straight up punched them in the face. Nevermind the fact he thinks he's funny by offering my dogs up to other people.
When Izze died both OH and I were totally beside ourselves, not just because she was a cherished family pet, a work partner and the best dog any of us ever knew (I still cry over her, esp during the "right" time of the month) but it was also because of the circumstances surrounding her death.

We had a few people who worked for us actually have the nerve to tell us to "get over it" that it was "just a ****ing dog", so ... yeah ... people can be assholes :(

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
People who throw their burning cigarette butts in the landscaping at the grocery store while we are under a fire hazard warning and then catch the parking lot on fire while I'm at the store....

Grrr. So selfish. So so selfish. It is not that hard to properly dispose of your cigarette butts. But no. 'I am going to throw it in all that grass and dried twigs. derp derp.'

Luckily they got it all put out.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Supposed to go on my long run today and the weather is QUITE lovely... but I've been fighting a migraine since about 5AM. Urghhhhh... I know it's not the end of the world if I miss my long run this week but I don't WANT to miss my long run. x_x

joce

My husband never fails to say thi about the dogs horses or the cats. I literally laughed out loud reading that and am glad he is not the only one!

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
My husband never fails to say thi about the dogs horses or the cats. I literally laughed out loud reading that and am glad he is not the only one!
I just feel bad for the people he said that to!
It'd be one thing if they said "oh we're looking to get a new dog" but the day after their dog died while they're visibly broken up about a loss...

Gah one more month and 2 of the 4 will be out of his hair for a little while. Not the good ones of course, but now he'll only be able to pawn off 2 instead of 4 lol
:rolleyes:

joce

I just feel bad for the people he said that to!
It'd be one thing if they said "oh we're looking to get a new dog" but the day after their dog died while they're visibly broken up about a loss...

Gah one more month and 2 of the 4 will be out of his hair for a little while. Not the good ones of course, but now he'll only be able to pawn off 2 instead of 4 lol
:rolleyes:
I think its their man humor. Not funny to most of us but they crack themselves up lol!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG. My accountant did my taxes yesterday but I was missing something so I got him the last piece today and he finished them.
I've owed the state a couple times before... like $50-odd, then one year it was like $2. Most times I get a state refund though and I ALWAYS get a federal refund, even if it's only a few hundred.

Not this year.

This year I owe the fed... a lot. How the hell did this happen? People said when you buy a house it's GOOD for your taxes. Apparently my employer isn't taking out nearly enough. At all.

I have no idea where I'm going to come up with the money. It's almost an entire paycheck between both the fed and the state.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I need to stop getting all upset every time I hear Mia's breathing. I started crying while shaping with her because she was excited and all I could think about was that darn collapsed trachea. She wasn't having trouble, just sounding loud. And I keep thinking about how it could get worse and then how do I decide and I just can't think about that kind of thing.

But I can't help thinking about it.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Today I did something so STUPID I am still disgusted with myself. A neighbor came out to introduce herself to Michael and I today and we had the dogs with us (as we were about ready to head to the beach). Abrams is an idiot and barks at people until he can physically meet them (we're working on it)...so I DROPPED HIS LEASH. AND LET MY 85 POUND DOG BARREL UP TO A LADY WHO WAS BEING POLITE AND SAYING HI TO HER NEW NEIGHBORS. I'm just so used to having my dog loving friends/family visit that it was my first instinct and afterwards I was like, "ZOMG, WHY DID I JUST DO THAT?!?!?!?!" and felt like a horrible human being.

Abrams went running up to her, said hello (by being a retriever and physically leaning in to her legs), then ran around our yard for a moment with Cynder before coming back. He didn't do anything - but I still let my overenthusiastic LARGE dog barrel his way to a stranger whose reaction was polite, but not the reaction of someone who likes large dogs.

I hate myself. I am an idiot. My neighbor now probably thinks we're stupid, idiotic people. God, why was I such an idiot. I feel absolutely horrible.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
That moment you're home alone at 11 pm (mum is in Florida and brother works nights), having a shower and the dogs start barking like MAD. OMG I almost had a heart attack! I yelled my brother's name to see if he was home early from work .. no answer .. Seamus and Wilbur (my mum's Chihuahua/Yorkie) are still BARK BARK BARKING, and they NEVER bark. I hear someone walking and I FREAK out and yell HELLO?????? WHO'S THERE???? and my brother says 'oh hey' .. He came home early from work and guess had his ear phones on so couldn't hear me yelling for him. MY HEART IS STILL RACING.

Members online