Advice: communication

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ha ha you guys are all funny. Try being in a relationship with an engineer. Gab, so frustrating. Sometimes I bitch about how he does not say I love you enough. And his counter response every time is "do I tell you everyday we have a car?" Me "well no" him "you should just know we have a car.
I feel like instead of "I love you" you need to start saying "We have a car."
"Hey I'm leaving. We have a car. Bye."

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Ha ha you guys are all funny. Try being in a relationship with an engineer. Gab, so frustrating. Sometimes I bitch about how he does not say I love you enough. And his counter response every time is "do I tell you everyday we have a car?" Me "well no" him "you should just know we have a car.

I want to strangle him on a daily basis.
Haha :lol-sign:

I don't think this is a valid argument though.... You can see, hear, touch and smell a car. You can't do that with a feeling, unless the person displaying the feeling makes a display - touch, verbal, action of some kind!

You could have a magical invisible unicorn, but unless it did something to let you know it was there, it might as well not be!!

Taqroy

:rofl1: Matt is an engineer (he's in IT now but...still an engineer) and I feel your pain. He does the same thing with saying he loves me, it drives me crazy.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
:rofl1: Matt is an engineer (he's in IT now but...still an engineer) and I feel your pain. He does the same thing with saying he loves me, it drives me crazy.
Michael is also an engineer. Yes. I'm apparently a glutton for punishment. LOL I swear, engineers work on a completely different mental plane sometimes.

Taqroy

Michael is also an engineer. Yes. I'm apparently a glutton for punishment. LOL I swear, engineers work on a completely different mental plane sometimes.
I really think that most of them do. My sister and Matt went to school together so I knew a lot of engineers. They're very logical and analytical and (sadly) a good portion of the ones I knew were giant jerks. And the ones that aren't jerks have a hard time seeing past "BUT IT'S ONLY RATIONAL AND I AM RIGHT" and saying "Hey, you have a good point and I'm going to compromise".

I know this because I have a lot of the same tendencies. :lol-sign:

noludoru

Bored Now.
Am I the only one who LOVES engineers? They're so much fun at work. Find out what makes them tick, dig out all the important facts, have a sense of humor about it, and it's so easy to sell them a car. I swear they go car shopping with a checklist and a bunch of numbers just waiting for someone to bring out a pen and start checking boxes and giving the right info.

However, unlike you ladies, I doubt I would take one home. :p Although I think "we have a car!" is a completely appropriate way to say "I love you" so maybe I should.

Haha, my husband is a chemist and he is somewhat like this, too, although he's softened over the years. Years ago we had a conversation where I basically expressed how I needed to feel loved and he looked at me like I had grown another head and said in all sincerity "But you KNOW I love you!"

I had to explain that some people even if they "KNOW" someone loves them, need to hear it regularly... It was like an epiphany for both of us, lol.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie

My BF is an electrical engineer, and so very much this. He does say he loves me a fair bit, but this kind of logic comes up every time I'm upset. I DON'T WANT YOUR LOGIC JUST HOLD ME. :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.