Help! Eye emergency?

Cheza

I just noticed a few minutes ago, Lyra's eyes are screwed up.

One has a pinpoint pupil, the other is way dilated... should we bring her to the vet? What is it?

R

RedyreRottweilers

That would scare the life out of me. Yeah, I would be seeing the vet asap.

salask

Did you take him to the vet? IF something is wrong with his eyes, you should really take him to emergency if your regular vet is not available.

Cheza

I'm sorry the past few days have been just hell!

Long story short, yes she is fine.
We did take her in (omg it was CREEPY I really should have snapped a picture.) As we got there, the difference had already started to decrease, but they were still ...odd.

EVet checked her out, figured the most likely cause was a thump on the head from Cheza, as she was not displaying any signs of poisoning. No signs of a concussion either though; she was very alert and playful the entire time. Got some eyedrops for her (she hates 'em) and by the end of the next day (Rob stayed home with her) they were back to normal, responding to light properly. She seems to have the same quality of vision.

However, we are told to keep a close eye on her (no pun intended) as if this keeps happening, it could be a very serious eye problem that could affect her vision for the rest of her life.

Poor thing, already deaf, I would love it if her sight remained clear though old age.

Thank you for asking, I'm relieved she is ok.

bubbatd

Whew , that was scary !!! Glad that she's on the mend with those beautiful eyes !

Members online