I should probably introduce you to the new kid on the block..

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
Meet Charlie!

This little fellow (and his lab friend) was surrendered to the local animal shelter. The lab was PTS the same they were dropped off due to aggression. Since coming into the rescue (about 3 months ago) he has been adopted out twice and returned for aggression and being nippy. After some questioning it was determined that both cases were the result of the owner not having control of the situation/environment. The first time he was guarding his owner and growling at the other dog when she would try to get into the owners lap. Instead of the owner correcting the behavior and giving him no attention she would coddle him. The second time he was returned was because he was growling at the toddler. The parents didn't think it had anything to do with the fact that Charlie had a bone and the toddler was trying to take it. :rolleyes: Yes, I realize that you should be able to put your hands near their food/bowl but he had been there for less than two days.

He has been nothing but affectionate and loving to both myself and my husband anytime we've seen him. Since the day I saw him he has been tugging on my heart strings because he reminds me SO much of Brawt. It's like he is his long lost twin brother. They have the same mannerisms, personality, and the LOVE of giving kisses. He is doing great with the girls and Nomi loves the fact that he likes to play. He and Brawt are getting supervised visits and things are going well.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WElcome Charlie. HE is a handsome fellow and it sounds like he has fallen into the right hands now.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
he's wonderful! Glad he's finally in a home that understands and appreciates him... gawd, returning a dog because you're too lazy to train your kid some manners. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.