This is what I ate today...

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I've been thinking of buying frozen cauliflower - I bought a head of cauliflower when I still worked at the produce company and got stuff at cost and it went moldy before I could do anything with it... so maybe I'll buy frozen cauliflower and then I can rice it into crust and stuff after it's thawed out? Will that work about as well as fresh cauliflower?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Breakfast:

2 eggs, sausage links, and a bunch of green onion, tomato, green pepper, and celery. NOM!

324 calories.

Half of a donut and about a cup of skim milk for breakfast.
Not the healthiest, but it is good I limited the amount of donut I ate. :)

I really want to try the celery with eggs for lunch now...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I probably wouldn't do just celery, lol. Put a bunch of veggies in it!

I wanted to add mushrooms too, but Ryan isn't a fan of mushrooms.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
well I haven't eaten yet but I am going to. Hannah had gymnastics so it was either coffee or breakfast and coffee always wins lol.

I'm drinking a glass of water first and then I think I'll just go simple with an over easy egg and an english muffin with a bit of butter.

milos_mommy

I've been eating a repulsive amount of carbs lately because it's sort of hard for me to keep much else down a lot of the time, and even though I think it's making me sluggish and tired, I don't think cutting out bread and stuff is a great idea.

I had an eggo waffle with peanut butter for breakfast.

I've been thinking of buying frozen cauliflower - I bought a head of cauliflower when I still worked at the produce company and got stuff at cost and it went moldy before I could do anything with it... so maybe I'll buy frozen cauliflower and then I can rice it into crust and stuff after it's thawed out? Will that work about as well as fresh cauliflower?
You may wind up with a slightly wet crust. If its so wet that it wont form put it into cheese cloth and wring it out. Other wise wet just means longer cooking time.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Pulled pork! It was yummy.

This weekend I'm writing a menu plan for the next month. That's the plan anyway!

milos_mommy

oh also, PW, I wanted to mention that if you want to cut out mayo and not have disgustingly dry tuna salad, you can substitute 2 tablespoons mayo with half a smashed avocado. It tastes really good, and is nice and creamy, the only downside is if you make leftovers it'll turn brown and ugly (but still tastes fine).

For lunch, I had an omlette with celery and carrots. yum.

As a snack, I had non-fat vanilla yogurt. :)

Locke

Breakfast: 1/2 cup of rice krispies with milk
Snack: 1/3 cup of trail mix
Lunch: 1 cup of butternut squash soup with a bit of chicken in it

Snack and dinner to be determined.

Equinox

This morning I had a can of those little Vienna Sausages (baby food, basically LOL). About 300 calories, 25 g of fat, 13.3 g of protein, and 3.3 g of carbs. I was running errands and doing some grocery shopping so didn't have time for my normal breakfast. Grabbed a little tin of those sausages at the store for the high fat.

For lunch I plan on having some more chicken, and I'll be boiling some more Chinese tea eggs for the following few weeks! Absolutely recommend them, they are delicious! Especially if you love tea :D I can't cook, and even I can't mess up boiled eggs LOL

I also picked up some natural peanut butter at New Seasons, chocolate coconut flavored. 200 calories per serving with 17 g of fat and 5 g of net carbs. Not much different from generic peanut butter, but it'll satisfy my cravings for anything chocolate-y and it's bound to make celery taste loads better. I'm a huge peanut butter addict.

oh also, PW, I wanted to mention that if you want to cut out mayo and not have disgustingly dry tuna salad, you can substitute 2 tablespoons mayo with half a smashed avocado. It tastes really good, and is nice and creamy, the only downside is if you make leftovers it'll turn brown and ugly (but still tastes fine).
Oh, that's a fantastic idea!! I love mayonnaise but the calories and the carbs... I actually just picked up a few avocados at the grocery market today, so that sounds perfect.

GipsyQueen

Not much of one. You have to make sure to season it well. My favorite way to eat it is simply roasted with olive oil and paprika. Yum yum yum.
I love Indian Cauliflower soup :) I actually made some yesterday! Yum. It's simple and really taste great (IMO).

Chop 1 Onion & some ginger and put in big pot with butter. Once onions are glossy add 1 big cauliflower, add curry ( I use curry paste, but you can just use normal curry as well) and 1,25 liters of broth (I use vege since Im vegetarian). Let simmer until cauliflower is cooked. Puree, add salt and pepper to taste. Done. :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This is really good. We've done it with tuna and used a whole avocado instead of mayo. Added a little bit of red onion, lemon juice, salt pepper and voila! It was delicious. We ate it out of the bowl but on crackers or tortilla chips it would be freaking amazing.

chaospony

I also picked up some natural peanut butter at New Seasons, chocolate coconut flavored. 200 calories per serving with 17 g of fat and 5 g of net carbs. Not much different from generic peanut butter, but it'll satisfy my cravings for anything chocolate-y and it's bound to make celery taste loads better. I'm a huge peanut butter addict.

Good gracious I need to find that PB! Gonna scour the health food store tomorrow!

Today I had chocolate protein power with Almond milk, and stormy night tea with coconut milk.
Then I snacked on crap at work. It was the day from hell and while I was dishing out all the crackers and goodies to the kids at work I couldn't resist a little snack :(
On the plus side it was just a handful of pumpkin and sesame seeds and a handful of cheese crackers...I resisted the urge to snatch the brownies and cookies out of the kids hands and stuff 'em in my mouth :D
Gonna have a big salad with chicken for dinner and then try find a snack later that is low in carbs but will get my calories up. Having a problem keeping them up once I cut out all the carby crap.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Uhhhh yum to that peanut butter for sure. Holy crap.

Breakfast was two eggs, 1 oz pepperjack cheese, and FOUR pieces of bacon today. Whooo crazy!
Lunch was one chicken sausage leftover from yesterday, a medium sweet potato, maybe 1 tsp of butter and cinnamon and chipotle powder. I meant to grab almonds and forgot. I did grab about four dried apricots however. But I'm starving so I really regret the lack of almonds.
I'm thinking chicken and broccoli for dinner tonight, though this whole cauliflower crust pizza thing has me intrigued... I guess it depends if I swing by the grocery store on my way home... hmmmm.

Members online

No members online now.