My backyard

Snark

Mutts to you
And you can keep it in your backyard! I heard Denver was expecting 2 ft. of snow - did you get it?

Doberluv

Awww...your yard is so pretty. I love that stone wall and the different levels. Well shucks! That is a lot of snow but 2 ft is not so bad really. Once it warms up, it will melt fast. If you can see out your kitchen window, you've got it made. This is what my yard looked like one winter at Priest Lake. That's my kitchen window behind the sink.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
That is a crazy amount of snow! How long did it take you to dig out?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
SO. MUCH. AWESOME!!!!!

You can send it here plzthx. As much as I am enjoying our above-freezing temperatures, I find it really depressing that it is February and I can still see the grass. And at this point, winter is pretty much over anyway.

I kind of liked it last winter when we got like 6 inches of snow every weekend, it seemed.

Doberluv

That is a crazy amount of snow! How long did it take you to dig out?
If you're talking about that picture of mine, a lot of that snow actually is snow that got shoveled off the roof, so it's not really a true representation of how the snow was out away from drifts, but it was high out in the middle of the yard...like up to my arm pits. lol. I only had to use the snow blower and shovel on my path and I hired someone or maybe that year it was my son for shoveling the roof. Then I had a guy who plowed my long drive way when needed. He had to rent a machine with a bucket because the plow couldn't go any further as there was no place more to push the snow. The bucket could pick up the snow and swing it around into the pasture where the plow couldn't go. I don't miss the hassle of snow removal anymore. This was great this year...one week of a little bit of snow and then it's gone, most likely for good this year.

Sorry to hijack Zoom. Your yard is beautiful and I bet, although the snow is pretty and the dogs love it, you'll be glad when spring comes and you can have your yard back. I hated that....where you couldn't walk around in your yard...only where it was plowed and you couldn't use the yard. The dogs really only ran around where it was plowed too because it was so deep. We'd walk on the road though because that was plowed.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
All I can say is brr. And I am glad we don't have snow currently.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The grand total was 26" here. The neighborhood had an impromptu shoveling party yesterday morning, which was pretty neat.

Dober, my backyard is too shaded for this to melt quickly. We'll get the patio and a small strip off of it back quickly because the sun actually hits it, but the stuff by the steps and the wall will take weeks to show again. There's snow still there from a storm we had in October. I'm not anticipating seeing my front yard until May. Luckily, Sawyer is big enough--and like the snow enough--that he can/will still romp around.

Members online