My Short-Lived Foster Experience (Pictures!)

Airn

So I was so excited to get a puppy to foster this weekend! After re-arranging some plans, I was able to pick this little guy up around 12 today. I bathed him, played with him, taught him how to go up and down stairs, took him to the dog park... And after we got home I got a text saying someone was interested in adopting him. Now, obviously, this is great news but I was so sad to see my little foster puppy go. I got to spend a whopping 6 hours with him. So I took as many pictures as possible.

Enjoy the ridiculous amount of mutt puppy pictures! (He is listed as an 11 week old JRT/ACD mix. His siblings all look very different.)

Gwen was not impressed by the puppy AT ALL. I'm hoping she gets over it for our future fosters. (Granted, they should stay longer than 6 hours, so it should be a bit easier.)

The girls who adopted him also adopted two of his sisters. (Yes. That's right. THREE puppies. At once. Omg) He's on a trial week but if they're brave enough to take on three puppies, I don't see him coming back anytime soon.

(More)

Seriously! That's a lot to handle! I had three littermate fosters and I could barely do it!

That puppy is 100% adorable! Looks like a pit bull (mix?) to me. :) But of course, a lot of short haired terriers look pit bullish to me when they're little. Who knows!

Airn

I was pretty shocked when I found out they already had two puppies. They seemed like nice girls but a little puppy crazed. I guess after two puppies they just figured "What's one more?"

I don't think the puppies will be that difficult for a few more months. But when they start getting too big to put in X-pens or something, I think they'll learn that three young dogs at once is a daunting task.

They guessed at what the father was, but we really have no idea how big each of the puppies will get. One sister is basically all black with some white splashes and another sister is black with black and white splashes on her feet and chest. Almost pointer-like. She's also one of the larger ones. And yet another puppy is blonde. So I have no idea what breeds these dogs have in them. They said they wouldn't get over 40 lbs. We'll see :popcorn:

The rescue, as I found out yesterday, is actually just one girl (maybe in her 20's. I was surprised since the rescue has such a hate adoption rate and a great reputation. She cares a lot of the animals and I'm sure she wouldn't have let the girls adopt the puppies if she thought it wasn't a good fit. He is on a trial week, which she always does, and they are also friends. So, if things don't work out this week, I'll get him back. But I really don't see the girls not keeping him.

k9krazee

Cute pup!! And congrats on your first fostering endeavor!!

I was excited to see an ACD/JRT pup (ya know, like a beebee Crossbone) but it doesn't look like that pup is either breed! :D Especially if they're mostly black....

Hope things work out for the girls and the three pups. :-/ That's A LOT to take in a one time...

Super cute pup - yeah, not sure how those breeds were picked for the mix but who knows.

Three pups at once...and littermates! Wowza, that is scary:yikes: Honestly, that really does concern me that a rescue would allow that. Of course there are some special circumstances I could see a rescue allowing it but still....

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Cute pup!! And congrats on your first fostering endeavor!!

I was excited to see an ACD/JRT pup (ya know, like a beebee Crossbone) but it doesn't look like that pup is either breed! :D Especially if they're mostly black....

Hope things work out for the girls and the three pups. :-/ That's A LOT to take in a one time...
Super cute pup - yeah, not sure how those breeds were picked for the mix but who knows.

Three pups at once...and littermates! Wowza, that is scary:yikes: Honestly, that really does concern me that a rescue would allow that. Of course there are some special circumstances I could see a rescue allowing it but still....
I saw a (bad) picture of the mom, and would definitely peg mom for pointer/JRT. Her face is all, imo, JRT. :lol-sign:

Members online

No members online now.