My dog is so LAZY!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
We have realized something about Sierra. Other than her occasional bout of the zoomies or incredibly rare days when she actually asks to go for a walk, Sierra is lazy. Very very lazy.

I finally recognized it this weekend while I was home during the day and Matt was working nights, so sleeping during the day. Sierra slept ALL WEEKEND. She stayed in bed with Matt all day, then went to bed BEFORE ME at night. (I would go to bed and there she was, curled up where she had burrowed under the blanket).

This morning she seemed happy to get up with me, but less than 20 minutes later Matt came home and currently she is asleep on the couch while he winds down before bed. If I don't drag her to work with me today, she'll happily sleep all day with Matt. I guess it's better that she want to sleep all day with him than to be active and demanding and keep him awake... but still, she's a weird one.

mrose_s

BusterLove
lol, Mac is the same way. She'll get up with my sister but if I'm home alone I have to drag her out of bed.
My two are both awake at the crack of dawn.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I brought her to work with me today, but she's curled up asleep and I think she'd just be happier at home, so I'm bringing her back there at lunch so she can curl up with her dad instead. Silly girl.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Oh yeah that sounds familiar lol.

I always wonder how it is that Belle can sleep SO much. she'll get up and go outside and she'll actually hang out outside for a long time if it's nice... but don't be fooled. she's out there sleeping in the sun lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Wanna trade?

Mia had to stay at home all day and 'sleep' (She was in an X-pen) while I went to visit my grandma in the hospital. It was an all day thing. I got home afterwards and she was INSANE.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I forced Sierra off the couch and out to play this evening. Hard play, good running and fetching. She was excited once she realized what we were out there for, but only lasted about 15 minutes before she started to try eating snow (a good sign that she's tired and thirsty) and we had to go back in.

To be fair, I'm kind of glad that she's taking after her Basset half in this respect. I was a bit worried that our new backyard would be too small, but I think she's trying to prove to me that it's not something I need to be concerned with.

Michiyo-Fir

Some days I need a dog like Sierra! Some days when I'm feeling lazy and just want to chill Nia won't let me because she's up at 6 am! Bugging me to play fetch with her. Some days I just need a dog to cuddle with and keep my bed warm lol!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Haha! Sounds like Chloe. She sleeps 24/7. I don't even know how she sleeps that much. She does get the occasional zoomies, and if I invite her to play, of course she's willing to play, but she very rarely initiates play. She's content to just lay around all the time. Of course, Violet has other plans for her, though. :rolleyes:

Saeleofu

Gavroche was the same way before his hypothyroidism was diagnosed. He would literally sleep ALL DAY on the couch under a blanket, or if not the couch then in bed. He'd play with Logan or play a bit outside, but no more than a few minutes.

since we started thyroid treatment, he's a brand new dog. He's still happy to chill and cuddle any time, but he actually has enough energy to play like a real dog, and go on a walk without lagging behind. I thought he was just growing up, but that wasn't the case!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Lucky.

5am this morning? Cold nose and prodding from Eve. Sounds of Roo thrashing around in her playpen wanting to be let out.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I have one that wants up at 5:30 am to play ball and one that wants to sleep till about noon. I have to drag her out of the bed.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I have one dog who is lazy and can't be bribed into doing an activity, and one dog who doesn't stop going. Lucy would lay in bed with me alllllll day. I think Juno wanted to die when I was sick in bed with the flu for a day last week, and I made her lay with me and watch 5 hours of recorded Conan O' Brian episodes.

On most days I prefer the lazy one lol. There is something nice about not having to worry if the dog doesn't get her 18 hours of exercise!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Your dogs demand you get up? HAHA

Occasionally, very VERY rarely, Sierra will ask to go out before noon. The times it's happened she's actually had the runs and needed to poop very badly. Most days I have to drag her out to pee before I leave for work, so that she isn't waiting all day!

Michiyo-Fir

Occasionally, very VERY rarely, Sierra will ask to go out before noon. The times it's happened she's actually had the runs and needed to poop very badly. Most days I have to drag her out to pee before I leave for work, so that she isn't waiting all day!
LOL that's just awesome! Mine if she's not crated will jump on my bed and trample me and then bring me various toys to put on my bed and whine.

If she's crated, she'll whine so loudly that I can't sleep anymore anyways.

Our routine is get up at 6 to pee/poop. Then throw a ball for 15-20 min and then I go back to sleep and Nia manages to sleep for anther couple of hours.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh yes... If I'm not up on time I have a papillon bouncing on my head and/or slapping me in the face. Or throwing toys on my face...

Like Michiyo, I get up at 5:30 and we play about 30 minutes of ball. Then I can usually manage to get her to settle down enough to sleep a bit longer.

Members online

No members online now.