Those who show/know about showing

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Why is it that you never really see Huskies (or other breeds) with blue eyes in the show ring? I've never seen a blue eyed husky on any of the tv dog shows.

Brattina88

I see lots of blue-eyed Sibes in the show ring :confused:
But in (AKC) Malamutes blue eyes are a disqualifying fault

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Could be a blue eyes arent prefered thing. Im not a Sibe person. Ive shown them, but thats it.

CKC:
Eyes
are shades of brown or blue, one of each or parti-coloured; all are equally
acceptable. The eyes should be almond shaped, moderately spaced and
set slightly obliquely with well fitting lids. The eye expression is keen,
friendly, interested and even mischievous.
AKC:
Eyes almond shaped, moderately spaced and set a trifle obliquely. Eyes may be brown or blue in color; one of each or parti-colored are acceptable. Faults--Eyes set too obliquely; set too close together
I would say its just a personal preferance. Just like some judges like certain colors of dogs.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Brattina: Hmmm weird! I've only been to one actual show, and didn't really pay attention, but it seems like all the shows on TV only have brown eyed huskies.

Jenn: That's what I'm wondering. Thanks for the references!!!

YodelDogs

Show prospects are selected on overall conformation and movement. Eye color is not very important. As long as the dog has blue, brown, or a combination of both they are all acceptable.

Aleron

I have seen blue eyed Champion Sibes. You probably don't see as many blue eyed show bred Sibes as pet bred ones though, since most pet breeders seem to select for blue eyes as a first priority. With the show Sibes, they aren't placing much importance on what eye color the dog has.

Specsy

Owned by Rottweilers
It might be a judge preference thing. I know that the tan markings on a Rottie can be anything from a reddish mahogany to a flat browny tan like Bella's. Some judges prefer the mahogany others prefer the tan, some prefer things in between. It's not really set out.

Members online

No members online now.