Do you like to fly in airplanes?

Do you like to fly in airplanes?

• Yes- I love it! I'd live in an airport and fly every day if I could!

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Yes- I love the whole airport/airplane experience and look forward to it!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Yes- I don't "love" the experience but I look forward to it

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Flying is okay- I don't mind being on a plane, but I'm not a fan of airports

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • I can only fly when I take medication and really prepare myself

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don't like flying, but I'll get on a plane to travel to places where it is necessary

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I don't like flying and refuse to get on an airplane

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I've never been on an airplane before

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Single serving of pretzels and a mini bottle of overpriced liquor

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I can handle short flights no problem (anything less than 10 hours total is short to me!), but longer flights are sometimes overwhelming.

On our way back from Scotland last year, I ending up having a meltdown after boarding our last flight (from PA to FL). I had a carry on bag packed with an expensive print I purchased. The plane ran out of room for more carry on bags during boarding, so everyone in the front of the plane had to have their bags checked. I freaked out because I didn't want the frame/glass to break during handling... and it had been a LONG day so I was just overwhelmed.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I chose, "I don't like flying, but I'll get on a plane to travel to places where it is necessary"

I've been on a plane a few times, I'm not that big of a fan. I think it is because I grew up driving EVERYWHERE and I love driving. That and because I'm a control freak, lol.

BostonBanker

I adore flying. I'd love the get my pilot's license some day if I could afford it. I don't mind airports, and sometimes even enjoy them. But you could make me sit in a chair in an empty room for 2 hours and I'd still do it for the chance to fly :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I haven't flown in years. But had been flying regularly since I was a kid. I don't love (or hate.. it just is) the actual flying part. But I love the whole 'adventure' aspect of it. It means going somewhere new!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Not a fan of airports, but I love airplanes! Takeoff is my favorite part--hello torque, good to see you again. Being that high up and seeing so much at once is something just utterly relaxing to me. I'm "that guy" taking pictures out the window.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I fly for work frequently. I neither love nor hate it, so I chose the "Flying is OK" one.

My biggest issue with air travel is not the airports themselves, the tsa workers or the security procedures. My biggest issue is with all of the self-absorbed idiots around you when you travel. I do my best to not get in other people's way, to make sure if I stop, I move off to the side, I don't take up 5 seats in the waiting area for 2 people and I don't push/shove. However, I appear to be the exception. The worst experiences are in the major cities and tourist destinations (New York, Philly, Orlando, Las Vegas, LAX, etc.), probably because you get a larger volume and therefore more idiots ;)

96 GTS

Custom User Title
I can deal with airports but I genuinely love flying. I love looking out the window, I love seeing parts of the aircraft working, I love everything about it.

I've never understood pwople's fear of flying either. Driving to the airport is far more likely to be fatal than flying on the plane itself.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Not really... NO.

It's totally unnatural!!!! BLURGH.

However, I will fly to places. I am not looking forward to my..... errr.... How many hours - I leave at 9am Saturday and arrive 11am Sunday with a 3 hr stop over....

That's a full day of flying :(

I might buy some sleeping pills!!!

katielou

Slave to the Aussie
I can deal with airports but I genuinely love flying. I love looking out the window, I love seeing parts of the aircraft working, I love everything about it.

I've never understood pwople's fear of flying either. Driving to the airport is far more likely to be fatal than flying on the plane itself.
For me it has nothing to do with the fear of dying. It's the feeling of flying and the fear of the feeling of dropping. The reason I don't ride roller coasters and the like is not because I fear I may die its because they feel horrible and messes with my equilibrium same with airplanes.

bitme

I fly 4-5 times/yr to Japan, it's a brutal 14 hour flight and I hate it. But the flip side is the frequent flier miles enable all vacation travel to be free (airfare, hotels, rental car etc). So in the end I have to say that I like flying. I love to fly the plane myself though, fly a Cessna 150 for fun.

zoe08

I have only flown once and it was short 2 hour flight, with a stop or plane switch in the middle. I just had a carry-on, it was just 1 overnight stay on our senior trip 8 years ago. Luckily the planes were not crowded and mostly it was business people who do day travel from one Texas city to another.

I am not a fan of flying/airports more than anything because of the germs.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I dunno. I mean I've been on hundreds of flights starting when I was pretty young, and I think I'm pretty ambivalent on the actual flying. I just hate the hassle that comes with flying...it's really just a pain...I think release the hounds described that part of it well lol

I just hate all the bullshit that goes along with it. can take this, can't take those, only this big of bag, oh sir we've changed the requirements since you last flew, even though it was 2 weeks ago, new fees everytime we go somewhere, more clothes have to come off, more stuff revealed, more time to wait, etc.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I have only flown once and it was short 2 hour flight, with a stop or plane switch in the middle. I just had a carry-on, it was just 1 overnight stay on our senior trip 8 years ago. Luckily the planes were not crowded and mostly it was business people who do day travel from one Texas city to another.

I am not a fan of flying/airports more than anything because of the germs.
Germs? :confused:

RD

Are you dead yet?
I don't mind flying under certain conditions. I usually am not a fan of airports, and I HATE flying if I am sandwiched in between two people in a crowded plane.

Flying is really pleasant for me if I have a bit of space between myself and the passenger next to me. Especially pleasant if my service dog accompanies me.

When I flew to Cleveland, I was sandwiched between two large SICK people, who coughed the whole time, and I didn't have my dog or really anything to do. Haaaaaated that flight so much.

Toller_08

I like getting to my destination. I don't care for being on the airplane, though. I get a really bad headache (air pressure changes maybe?) for some reason, and I hate just being stuck sitting in a little chair for hours on end with nothing to do. Plus, the bathrooms are small and squishy (but at least they have one). And I hate bugging the people next to me if I need to get up for anything, so unless I have an aisle seat, I feel confined. It's not a terrible experience by any means, and I'm not afraid, but I certainly don't look forward to a flight. My dream trips all require me to sit on an airplane for an insane amount of time though, so I best get used to it!

JacksonsMom

I vote for: Flying is okay- I don't mind being on a plane, but I'm not a fan of airports

It's not something I mind at all, but it's like a "ugh" experience.

I hate waiting in lines, I hate taking off my shoes, and getting everything through security, etc.

But I've flown like gazillions of times since I was about 6 years old so I must not hate it that bad. I love getting to a new destination.

iwantmypup

For me it has nothing to do with the fear of dying. It's the feeling of flying and the fear of the feeling of dropping. The reason I don't ride roller coasters and the like is not because I fear I may die its because they feel horrible and messes with my equilibrium same with airplanes.
THIS.
Also, I haaaaaate flying over water, that's when I'm panicky, which sucks considering I go to Alaska once a year :( I don't know how I'll be when flying to Europe :lol-sign:

And the germ thing is a big deal to me too. I can't afford to get sick. In the airport I have my Purell, but in the plane with sick people. :yikes:
I find that I'm a better flyer when I'm not with my family/friends. I kinda have to contain myself and not let my stress show because I don't have anyone with me to console me, lol. And I have this twisted logic of thinking...I prefer to be alone because if the plane does go down, at least my family would only lose one person. WTF Ali. Hahah

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
And the germ thing is a big deal to me too. I can't afford to get sick. In the airport I have my Purell, but in the plane with sick people.
Me too. I hate the recycled air of planes... it really grosses me out. I get sick pretty easily so I always have my Purell as well!

I always sit by the window and try not to think about how I'm crammed into a small area with tons of dirty and possibly sick people :yikes:

Members online

No members online now.