Co-exsistance?

Gypsydals

Not even sure it is possible with these 3 (Ivan, Peewee and Hazel) but I thought if it was, this would be the place to come.
Since we moved in June, Hazel has become strictly an indoor cat. In the last week she has finally ventured out from her end of the house. Which is no problem.
The problem is she doesn't like the dogs and Ivan has no idea what to do about her. He has never lived indoors with a cat. So when he sees her, he starts yapping, and making all sorts of noises at her. Which in turn freaks her out even more. Her first reaction to either of the dogs is to growl, hiss and then run. And I know running is not a good option around Ivan.
Peewee ignores her(hes been down this road before). He knows inside cats are OFF limits.
But I'm lost as to how to get her to relax around both the dogs. And for Ivan to leave her the heck alone. What can I do?
Is it too much to ask that all 3 get along or atleast co-exsist together?

Barbara!

I had this problem with Malyk. Eventually he got bored of them and didn't yap at them anymore. They just weren't exciting.

Having fostered dozens and dozens of cats, I can tell you, cats are famous for taking a good bit to adjust to new things. Most cats I have brought home to foster absolutely HATED EVERYTHING for anywhere from a week to a month. They also, just get used to it.

So I would say it's a waiting game.

I would work with the dog first, if you can get him to stop reacting to her she will likely calm down. Basically, its like click to calm but using a cat. Work on heavily rewarding him for calm behavior around the cat. It can be done:)

N

Nainue

I can not participate now in discussion - it is very occupied. I will return - I will necessarily express the opinion on this question.

Members online

No members online now.