Massive Midwest Meetup?

SaraB

I know there are several chazzers that will be headed to Dubuque, IA November 15th-18th. I also know that several other Midwest Chazzers have expressed interest in various roadtrips to do a meetup that weekend. So here is the official thread to throw ideas around!

I can drive down that Saturday afternoon and leave on Sunday if someone will share a hotel room with me and two merle girls. I promise we don't cause that much of a ruckus! :rofl1:

funny, we're going to Dubuque this weekend to see my wife's family. If it's warmer, about 15 min outside Dubuque is a small campground, Finley's landing that has a big sand beach on the Missippi. I love taking the dogs swimming there and in later fall it's usually all ours. In the summer mid day it gets pretty full of people, but mornings and evenings are great.

It's a little hole in the wall campground, usually with just locals, but I love it. Not much in the way of amenities, except for a place I can let the dogs run and swim and act like fools, and that's what I like.

anyway, back to your scheduling

I have to see if I can get off, I more than likely can so it's not a huge leap. But I'm only three hours away so I really think I can do this!

96 GTS

Custom User Title
I know there are several chazzers that will be headed to Dubuque, IA November 15th-18th. I also know that several other Midwest Chazzers have expressed interest in various roadtrips to do a meetup that weekend. So here is the official thread to throw ideas around!

I can drive down that Saturday afternoon and leave on Sunday if someone will share a hotel room with me and two merle girls. I promise we don't cause that much of a ruckus! :rofl1:
Sounds awesome! I'd love to meet Zoom and Zing :p

Seriously though, Lauren and I would love to make it. Hopefully the little orange monster is up to it.

There is the Heritage trail, but that's just an old railroad grade turned into a trail, it's technically not off leash and it's all private property on the right and left, so you're pretty much relegated to the trail.

I don't know of anywhere in town. We usually hit up a ball field or something for some good play time as the inlaws yard is kind of small. But we're in and out and I have a feeling a large group would attract attention.

That sand bar is great, it's state land on the MIssippi, have never seen a dog on leash there and in the fall it's most likely going to be empty anyway. But that's 20 min outside the city. In the campground itself the dogs are supposed to be on leash, but as soon as you cross the RR tracks you're not in the campground.

SaraB

So, is there a place we can let the dogs run that anyone knows about there?
I messaged my friend who lives in the city to ask for good places! Zuma isn't always dog friendly so I don't think she would get to play very much, but at least somewhere to hang out even with the dogs on leash? Maybe somewhere to hike?

I messaged my friend who lives in the city to ask for good places! Zuma isn't always dog friendly so I don't think she would get to play very much, but at least somewhere to hang out even with the dogs on leash? Maybe somewhere to hike?
That's kinda what I was thinking, just worded badly, I know not everyones dog wants all of them up in their faces but someplace to get us all out and walking or something.

To allow Traveler see his Zuma girlfriend

I don't know the area that well, just a few spots when we go to visit. But I will be at both those places this weekend. The trail to take the dogs for a nice morning bike ride and then to the sand bar for some swimming.

if you guys are going to be there, I will see if we can plan a trip down to see the in laws at that time too. It would be nice to put some faces with names

SaraB

To allow Traveler see his Zuma girlfriend
Uh oh. Just realized that both of Zuma's boyfriends may be in the same place at the same time. I feel like this is going to unfold in some sort of daytime soap opera fashion. Someone will end up in a coma, I just know it.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
My three as well, Sloan is better, Shamoo pushes buttons, Backup only communicates well with lemurs.

Uh oh. Just realized that both of Zuma's boyfriends may be in the same place at the same time. I feel like this is going to unfold in some sort of daytime soap opera fashion. Someone will end up in a coma, I just know it.
Just show Traveler a ball and he'll forget about everything else. No blood will be shed!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Lol!

I am definitely interested!! I would like to first see if Frodo can be boarded at the new awesome boarding place for special needs dogs! Then it is def a go from us! If not then it is dependent on what is going to be happening while we are there and whether Frodo can handle it :)

I preemptively just requested off work though :)

Members online

No members online now.