Ate greenies so fast!

I had a little greenie bar sitting on my table (in the plastic wrapping) and my pomeranian managed to get it and tear the wrapper off, so i just let her have it. It was probably about 5 inches big and I was sitting on the computer. I turn around less than 10 minutes later and there was only a half inch piece left. Was that really too fast? I read around and found out that greenies have can cause intestinal blockage if a big enough chunk is swallowed. I don't know how long greenies usually last but I thought it was a little too fast. Although she doesn't usually swallow food or treats without chewing them first, she looked a little excited about the greenie so I'm scared she might have.
I tried feeling her stomach for any large bulge but didnt really feel anything.

bubbatd

I'd be concerned , with a dog that small ..........please watch her closely ....and throw all greenies away !!!

irotas

Sucker for a droopy lab
I had a little greenie bar sitting on my table (in the plastic wrapping) and my pomeranian managed to get it and tear the wrapper off, so i just let her have it. It was probably about 5 inches big and I was sitting on the computer. I turn around less than 10 minutes later and there was only a half inch piece left. Was that really too fast? I read around and found out that greenies have can cause intestinal blockage if a big enough chunk is swallowed. I don't know how long greenies usually last but I thought it was a little too fast. Although she doesn't usually swallow food or treats without chewing them first, she looked a little excited about the greenie so I'm scared she might have.
I tried feeling her stomach for any large bulge but didnt really feel anything.

The person we got Manni from said that her husband is a veterinary surgeon and has seen far too many emergency surgeries caused by greenies. I never really looked into it beyond that, but that warning was daunting enough that we've never given any greenies to Manni.

yoko

just watch. i don't let yoshi have them because they worry me. but if you look if your dog chews most of the time they do kind of crumble. but i wouldn't risk it again... :O why do they keep selling them??

Members online