My Bud is getting grays all over...

My bud is getting grays all over his face now.. :( He is getting old! I don't want him to start showing his age at 5 years old, thats not right! Its just not right.. :( Poor bud. Why would he be showing his age, still so young?

Kase

Awww don't worry Casey has had grey hairs around her mouth for a few years now.

shazbot

not so newby
Awww no worries, hey may be getting grey fur, but doesn't mean he's feeling the effects of age. My golden boy, is 5, his face is super white, he started getting white on his face around 2yrs old. Just remember it adds more character ;)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Millie is 5 too and is starting to get gray on her chin and muzzle. It's hard to see just because she's getting older. . . She's not old but it's hard to see a reminder that the time with loved ones is limited. . .:(
She sure hasn't slowed down, though! :)

Julie

I am back again.
Charlie is getting a few gray hairs under his chin...he's about 3. Hardly noticable now, but in a few years I am sure it will be very noticable.

Rosefern

Flicka's not grey at all (thank god) - well, she is just under two years old. I it will be hard to tell when Pepe goes grey - his face and his paws are white. And Queen Lillian is already grey. :lol-sign:

Neither of my dogs are showing anything but youthful exuberance and zest. And I hope it stays that way for a long time. They're both in perfect health, if you discount Pepe's corn allergy.

But I'm hopeful - Goldens are generally a long-lived breed. And Chihuahuas and Shelties are too - so a mix of the two should be good, shouldn't it? :lol-sign:

-Rosefern

lol, well, I shouldn't really feel bad that Hershey's getting grey all over now. No offense to anyone's dogs. :p

Maxy24

I think Max started when he was about five. It got really bad latter on, he had big raccoon eyes of white and a white muzzle and white on his belly, It made him look wise though :p I wouldn't worry about it though it can be depressing. I never knew about the food thing, Maybe that is why he got so gray, he was on Pedigree.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I was just thinking about Millie and the title of the thread which I wasn't paying astute attention to when I was typing. Millie doesn't have that much gray at all. A bit on her chin and muzzle. Not "all over" ;)

bubbatd

I've had both in my breeding . People used to ask if some were old , and they were only 5 or 7 .....EliN' Eli was 13 without a grey hair on his face .

Members online