Videocamera suggestions.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I want to buy a decent video camera to start taping Frodo's training sessions since a lot of it will involve me leaving the apartment, and I want to be able to watch how he does afterwards.

I don't want a piece of crap, but I also don't have a ton of money to spend on it.

Suggestions, por favor?

yoko

You could always get one of those Flip HD cameras. I got mine for $20 at walmart and the video is great on computer and is really clear on a TV.

It's not top of the line obviously but it's quick and easy to use. Also that's what I've used when I posted Yoshi pics. If you change the resolution to HD on YouTube you can see that it's a pretty nice pic.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I am looking into the Flip videos, I just wonder how easy it would be to set up, because it needs to be able to sit on the floor/tripod and just film. It's not going to be something that i am really holding.

yoko

The bottom of the camera has that screw thing so you can use a tripod. If you are just sitting it on the floor it's a little harder it's just a bar shape so it's pretty hard to angle it.

SaraB

I love my little Sony. It's a tough little camcorder, has been beat up left and right and even has fallen off of my deck onto the rocks below and survived. Quality is so-so, it's not top of the line or anything.

As far as ease of use, you NEED to get one of these cool Joby tripods. You can stick a camcorder anywhere! I've even set mine up in a tree a couple times.

http://www.amazon.com/Joby-GP1-A1EN-Gorillapod-Flexible-Tripod/dp/B000EVSLRO

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have a Kodak Zi8 that I love - they aren't available anymore, but a similar one in the Kodak line is $80 and *waterproof* which is nifty: Kodak PlaySport

I always use a tripod nowadays - got a nice one for $10 on amazon that works quite well.

Members online

No members online now.