Food suggestion

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
So I switched everyone from Prairie chicken and rice to TOTW Pacific Stream because three of them had itchy ears. The ears are no longer itchy. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I don't want to keep them on TOTW, so I'm looking for something else.

Ares is allergic to almost everything. Tyr can't handle high protein/high fat foods, Morgan has a history of pancreatitis (she almost died, and while she's doing fine now, I try not to feed her anything too high in fat). Well, I suspect Tyr's issue is more likely fat than protein? Thing is, most foods higher in protein are also higher in fat, so we've never tested that.

But I'm now looking at Wellness Core. Which is 34% protein but is only 14% fat. For comparison, prairie is 26% protein, 14% fat and TOTW is 25% protein and 15% fat.

So...question...do you think that would be OK for Tyr and Morgan? Also any other food suggestions in that protein/fat range?

On the downside, Ares can't get it. :( It was nice being able to feed them all the same food for a while, but...

Criosphynx

I haven't tried CORE but we use the regular line and are VERY happy with it. I have two itchy busy bodies and have no issues on the food. :)

I believe core is higher in both fat and protien? Don't quote me on it :)

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
If the dogs aren't allergic to chicken then you could try the Wellness Core reduced fat. It's 33% Protein while only 9% fat.

BlueChaos

It looks like Wellnes Core Ocean may be a good choice for you if your dog has chicken intolerance and doing well on Totw.

subrat10

Yeah wellness core would be best for your dog,but you should try chicken, starting with a very few amount, at the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Just to update...
The food questions has been resolved. They'll be switched back to prairie when the bag of TOTW runs low.

On the downside, the itchy ears came back briefly, but the weather's been up and down here so I suspect it's environmental and not food.

Members online

No members online now.