People Suck. Again.

BostonBanker

Nothing you say can convince me otherwise. There is just plain a huge percentage of the population that sucks beyond belief. I'm proposing a vote to allow public stonings in the town square once again.

Email received by a friend who does rescue re: a dog the person adopted from her a while ago:

"my dog has pissed me off for the last time. I LOVE HER but she NEEDS a new home. She spits out her meds twice a day all ove rhte floor and I can't keep bending over to clean it up. If she doesn't get her Phenobarb 2X a day she will have siezures. I GIVE UP! She is such a sweet dog but she pisses me off to no end!
Hey person? I hope when you are old and sick, someone decides it's too much work to take care of you.

MicksMom

Holy Poop! That tops what I just read on one of my Lab boards- 2 dogs, one a chocolate Lab, were taken to the shelter to be euthed because their owners didn't know dogs smell.

bubbatd

Agree !!! I'd like to see them in stocks though , and have dogs pee on them !!

Xandra

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

If they'd said "hey. I've a got a dog. I thought it would be more interesting but as it turns out I don't really care about it. It's expensive and a pain in the ass, please take it." That I can deal with. I understand that some people don't care about animals.

But to say that you LOVE it, but you just can't possibly get it to take its meds, and OMG it spits them out, and then you must bend down, so GRR it's just too much for your precious self to handle, and although it KILLS you, you MUST get rid of this animal. I mean, you're a caring individual after all, but picking up your dog's meds is understandably too much.

Wow are they ever a) delusional and b) in trouble as a human being. What a clown.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
they obviously dont "LOVE HER" if they wont even make the slighest effort for the dog :/ yes.. dogs can be frustrating but cmon

Lolas Dad

Probably just an idiot who doesn't know how to give a dog a pill he wont take. Probably has no clue to use peanut butter or one of those pill treats that you put the pill inside.

Fortunately Lola takes her Interceptor every month without a problem. Occasionally she hasn't touched her food so what I do then is I will empty the bowl and put a film of peanut butter at the bottom. Then I put the food back in the bowl and she eats the food trying to get to the peanut butter that's not really there because it was just enough to make the bowl dull at the bottom and she can smell it. So she then licks the bowl clean. :)

Bailey08

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that her issue isn't the epilepsy but the pills?

Bailey takes a bunch of pills/supplements, so, to me, pilling a dog is no big deal, but having an epileptic dog (my brother has one) would break my heart.

Anyway, a strange e-mail all around. I hope that your friend has the resources to help this dog out. :(

elegy

overdogged
i think i had that moment with siren one or three times. she was on a handful of heart medications twice a day, and she was a freaking GENIUS at spitting them out. she could pick them out of chunky peanut butter, out of cheese, out of butter, out of anything and everything. it was excruciatingly trying at times, and then if i tried to pill her, it'd stress her out, which was dangerous with her bad heart.

i loved her, but i'll tell ya. there were days when i could have booted her through a wall.

MicksMom

i think i had that moment with siren one or three times. she was on a handful of heart medications twice a day, and she was a freaking GENIUS at spitting them out. she could pick them out of chunky peanut butter, out of cheese, out of butter, out of anything and everything. it was excruciatingly trying at times, and then if i tried to pill her, it'd stress her out, which was dangerous with her bad heart...
Sounds like the Siberian/GSD we had when we got married. That dang fool would actually pretend to swallow, then spit the pill out when you weren't looking.

...i loved her, but i'll tell ya. there were days when i could have booted her through a wall.
Yeah, but you didn't. That's what matters. We all have those "I want to stangle them" days.

Oh, and, yeah, I got the feeling the owner didn't want to deal with the epilepsy, or the espense of the meds.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Sophie is a champion pill spitter. I've walked into the kitchen on a few occasions and come across mum having very stern words with her about it. lol

Buster can be a bit tricky, he has to take 6 a day, just fish oil and glucosomine but you have to hide them really well.
I split them up into lots of 3 and put them in sausage mince balls small enough for him not to have to chew, that usually works okay.

I can't imagine getting rid of a dog over something like that though, thats just incredible.

Saeleofu

All I can say is WTF O.O

Max is on Phenobarb twice a day. He eats it like it's candy. There's no need to hide it for him lol. He lives with my mom, and she has NO dog sense whatsoever, and she still manages to pill him with no problems. For me it's also dirt cheap - two month's worth for $2.25 (have I mentioned I LOVE the discounts I get working at a vet clinic? lol).

cinnamon

Can we all take turns kicking this person in the ass when she/he bends over to pick up the pills? I want to be first 'cause I'm just dying to vent some frustration over stupid people.

Doberluv

Sickening! It is hard to relate to people who are incapable of love. This person not only doesn't love her dog, but she can't love anyone. She is totally and completely self centered. I'd like to see what "trouble" she'd think taking care of my sick dogs were. Bending over to pick up a pill? That's just sick.

Members online

No members online now.