Farley update

According to the vet his surgery went fine today. They are going to keep him pretty well drugged up today & tonight. They have put a drain in and told me to get some adult small t-shirts to put on him so it won't be messy around the house. He will be staying there tonight & possibly tomorrow nite. They will reevaluate him in the morning and give me a call. As much as I want him home I am really nervous and am almost wishing they recommend he stay tomorrow nite too. It was such a big surgery and I think another day might be better for him with having just me to maneuver him in and out of my truck and causing him more pain. I have to pick up some carpet runners to put in the kitchen and other rooms with tile floors otherwise he'll be doing too much slipping. I was disappointed to hear that it's going to take up to 2 weeks for the bone biopsy results to come in to find out exactly what kind it is. He's made it over the 1st hurdle now hopefully the biopsy is good news. Thanks again for all the vibes sent his way!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
YAY! Im glad he made it throught with flying colors. Could you suggest to the vet you would feel more comfortable with im staying there another night?

I will keep on sending you and Farley *****vibes***** And please keep us updated on his progress

AliciaD

On second thought...
He will continue to get ~~~Vibes~~~ from me, so sorry, but best of luck.

Could you suggest to the vet you would feel more comfortable with im staying there another night?
Yes, the vet told me last week that if I'd feel better about it they'd keep him an extra night. I'll wait and see what they say tomorrow and explain my concerns & if they assure me he's ok to come home and will be able to tolerate my getting him in & out of the truck then I'll bring him home when they feel it's ok. Of course they may decide they want him to stay an extra nite. I'll wait & see what they say tomorrow.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
(((((HUGS))))) and vibes that he feels awesome soon - and that you get something definitive from the biopsy. That is about how long they told me to expect for Auggie's bladder stone results too so I guess that's normal for cultures and testing.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
glad he made it through the surgery ok--one step at a time, eh? Hope the recovery is smooth--will keep sending good thoughts/vibes out to Farley and you.

Glad he is on his road to recovery. Mega ((((vibes)))) that the results come back stellar too!

Giny

Oh no, I haven't been on that much and when I do, there's so many post and I've missed what happened to Farley.

Glad surgery's went well, sending a bunch of poodle kisses your way for Farley's quick recovery.

Now I'm off to search and find out what happened to my Big Boomer. :(

Members online