My horde!

Skits

So I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my little reptile horde. I've been keeping reptiles for going on the forth year now. It started with a gecko, then a wild caught american toad, and my first snake, and so on. I'll start with introducing the lizards first.

First is Falcor, an eight month old central normal morph bearded dragon. Her previous owner decided he wanted to start keeping snakes and no longer wanted him as he was taking up too much room. She has such a personality and is so tame, she loves her food and loves to take baths.

Then is Bloo, a merauke blue tongued skink. She came in from someone who had her in a small tank, and fed her moistened ferret food. She's two years old. She's still timid and hisses at me but I'm working on it. Since moving her into her new tank, she's much happier and calming down a lot more.

Then Isaac. A columbian tegu. He has a love for hard boiled eggs and animal liver, and has one heck of an attitude haha.

Knox, a saharan uromastyx. He loves to whip his tail but once he's taken out, he's pretty calm (unless I make quick movements while holding him). He's finally taming down and actually comes to me at feeding time now.

Skits

Here's Blizzard, my mack snow leopard gecko. We went to rescue him, along with three other geckos from someone who was keeping about 20 males and females in a 55 gallon, and breeding them. I rehomed two of the others, but couldn't part with Blizzard.

Then Sammy. I've had him for about 6-7 years now. We rescued him and his sibling from a petstore. Both of them were emaciated and way too small for their age. The other one died, after we had to force feed him for two days because he was so lethargic. Sammy got better over time and now is a little fat girl lol. She's smaller than average because her growth got stunted, but adorable none the less!

Next is King. He's a four month old crested gecko that we got from a breeder. He's my boyfriends crestie. He's a funny little guy, and a fussy eater who won't eat repashy but will eat any insect we feed him. We're working on it! We also have another crestie reserved from the same breeder. So excited!

And last of the lizards, Bingo. He's an asian water monitor who was left behind in a petstore by his previous owner. We seen him, but he wasn't yet for sale. After talking about the petstore worker, he decided Bingo would be well off with us and let us take him home. He's really awesome, and growing so quickly!

Skits

Now the snakes-

Here's Troll. A common garter snake that my boyfriend and I found outside one day. He was fairly small and nice so we took him in. He's doing really well in his tank, and eating his rats like a champ!

Then Penny, a six year old normal boa constrictor. She's about 7 feet now, and a porker. Very sweet and tame.

Jango, a tangerine honduran milksnake. He's one of my favorite snakes when he's not escaping his tank lol.

Shadowfang, a senior ball python that someone abandoned in an apartment and we took in. He's a huge BP, and very tame. Love him.

Skits

Otto, a black rat snake with an attitude. Got him in a petstore where he was for a few months. The petstore worker had him marked as aggressive and warned anyone interested in buying him. I decided I'd give him a chance and haven't regretted it.

Anakin, a coastal carpet python. The person we got him from was selling him as he was looking for a female, I was looking for a CP at the time so jumped at the opportunity. He's my boyfriends favorite snake haha.

I'll post the arachnids in a different thread tomorrow. :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Love love love them all!!! I really want a hog island boa for my next snake, but I have to wait until we move into our own place. Absolutely love your carpet python and crestie. I want a crestie but have never had a gecko before. Only lizard I've owned before was an iguana.

Skits

Thanks! :) Geckos are definitely so much easier than an iguana. The diet is a lot more simple, and they take up less room. Both are rewarding in their own ways though.

Equinox

Wow, awesome group of animals!! The boa constrictor is a beauty, and I am a sucker for the coastal carpet python, too. How's the temperament on him? And how big is he? Gorgeous guy!

Members online