Event ideas?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Soooo we are working on getting our new store up and running with events, and I was wondering if you guys had any super awesome ideas?

So far we have Springer and Doberman rescues lined up.

We are doing a football themed treat-toss on the day before the Superbowl.

Aaaand we are trying out a nosework-esque type event where we section off a big part of the store to let doggies go hunting for goodies through a crap ton of boxes.

We also have a puppy play date. And cat and dog nail trims.

I think that's it. But I want the store to be awesome so MOAR IDEAS would be awesome.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Costume contests are always fun. Photos with Santa? Or something winter holiday themed? Events to raise funds to help out with canine cancers? Recall relay races? I may think of more.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
If you can get permission from the owners and don't mind the minimal maintenance, start a Facebook page for your store, and start drumming up participation ideas through that, too. That's been one of the BIGGEST marketing drivers for our store. Plus you can do photo events at work and hold photo contests, have draws for free product, etc etc. People eat that stuff up.

Otherwise, being the events manager for two pet food stores, I have a ton of event ideas and stuff. I'll elaborate later, because right now I'm going to BED to die for twelve hours after running two events myself all weekend. :D

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Aaaand we are trying out a nosework-esque type event where we section off a big part of the store to let doggies go hunting for goodies through a crap ton of boxes.
WHEN?
And can I not work that day so Juno can play? lol!

I wish I were creative enough for this kind of thing. We pretty much never had events at my old store and I couldn't even begin to think of suggestions for any.

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
when is the puppy play date? maddalynn needs some interaction with puppys instead of just with jayson

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Allie, that web stuff is all taken care of by our corporate office, so unfortunately I don't get any say in that end :/

Southpaw, uh, there is gonna be one on February 16th and one on March 16th. I want to start them NOW!

Puppy playdate isn't scheduled yet as I'm not running it so I don't get to schedule it. Will let you know when I know! Won't be until at least January though since we schedule a quarter in advance so it all gets in our newsletter.

CaliTerp07

Oooh, I like the idea of recall relays! That's cute!

Stores here have done easter egg hunts (hiding coupons for the store in the eggs), costume contests, photos with Santa...I think a trick contest would be cool (give out a clicker with your store's logo as the thank you for entering? With ribbons for the winners?)

Facebook photo contests are fun too. And free/easy!

We did a sample day at my old store. We called and emailed all the vendors and reps for samples, and ordered what we could from the distributors. It was a huge hit.

MicksMom

We did a sample day at my old store. We called and emailed all the vendors and reps for samples, and ordered what we could from the distributors. It was a huge hit.
Along that line, my favorite pet supply store has reps from different food companies set up tables and give out samples, coupons, literature, etc. The store also has hotdogs and dog treats, and "Spin the Wheel" discounts. It's kind of like Wheel of Fortune- when you make a purchase, you spin a big wheel. Prizes are percentages off your purchase or items from various bins.

Members online

No members online now.