Does fall do this to anyone else's dog?

Hillside

Original Twin
I don't know if it is the drop in temperature (though the last couple days have been 80 and he's been the same...) or what, but fall has turned Nico into a total crackhead. He's getting the same amount of exercise as normal, but he is FULL of **** and vinegar right now.

Could a mod move this to general, no clue how it got here....

CaliTerp07

Yep, as soon as the weather cools off Lucy is crazy hyper again! We're back to trying to get to the dog park 3x a week (in addition to agility, regular training, and daily long walks) just to burn off that extra zoom!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's warm here right now but the couple days we've had agility practice and the weather has been cooler all the dogs have been absolutely crazy.

JacksonsMom

YES! Gosh he's been trying me bananas. Of course it's gotten warmer again in the last few days, but when it really was feeling like Fall, oh God.

Hillside

Original Twin
What is fall? It's still warm here but a storm blew in today so ill get back to you. ;)
Fall is that season that you'll experience once you get back to Oregon. ;)

Normally when I take Nico out for his potty breaks, he's all business, lately, it's ZOOMIES! We use different equipment for potty breaks vs playtime, and go to totally different areas for those purposes. His zoomies are hilarious, at least. Most dogs when they run get all streamlined, not Nico. His back end looks like a regular dog, but his front end looks like a demented kangaroo. Thank doG he gets to play with his mommawah a lot. It may be dangerous for us bystanders, but it really does take a malinois to wear out a malinois. Plus, when he gets too crazy for her, she just sits on his head.

jenv101

Bite Club
It may be dangerous for us bystanders, but it really does take a malinois to wear out a malinois.
So true lol.

Yes the zoomies are increasing at our place too - they are chasing each other around the yard non stop lately. GREAT when there is lots of mud too! :rolleyes:

mary_mt

Spook lives here
We had snow yesterday. Spook does not like snow. Just wants in and lays by the wood stove. Different for him.
Mary

Let me give you an idea of what fall has done to Gambit. Drumroll please........

He played with one of my neighbors. Actually ran in circles around her and let her to the 'scary monster' thing so he could run away and come back. He as having the time of his life.

So, yeah, fall has done something to him.

Most dogs when they run get all streamlined, not Nico. His back end looks like a regular dog, but his front end looks like a demented kangaroo. Thank doG he gets to play with his mommawah a lot. It may be dangerous for us bystanders, but it really does take a malinois to wear out a malinois. Plus, when he gets too crazy for her, she just sits on his head.
Hahahaha! This made me LOL. Pan does the same thing when she gets the insane zoomies. She doesn't run straight, but all squirmy and wiggly at full speed, it's hilarious. I most definitely can't wait to get another Malinois to help tire mine out.

Lyzelle

Yep. Zander gets the major zoomies when it gets cooler outside. Just full of himself.

It's worse when it snows. And he has some psychic ability when it comes to knowing if it's snowed or not.

Hillside

Original Twin
That's the thing though, other than a couple days, it's been unseasonably warm here, the last several days have been 80ish. Maybe he just likes earth tones?

milos_mommy

He's so handsome! I think last time I checked in you were looking into getting a Mal named Nigel and it didn't work out...it's good to see you've finally found the right dog!

Django lives with his dad now, right?

Hillside

Original Twin
He's so handsome! I think last time I checked in you were looking into getting a Mal named Nigel and it didn't work out...it's good to see you've finally found the right dog!

Django lives with his dad now, right?
Nigel was a supposed mal/dutch mix... the guy was kind of shady about answering questions and Nigel was pretty unstable.

Nico pretty much fell into my lap, he was my friend's foster pup, who was adopted out to someone who wasn't a good fit and then he came back and was a perfect fit for me and Saga. (His foster mom and I met/became friends after he was adopted out.)

Django DID live with his daddy, he passed away in January. His kidneys failed.

In between Nigel and Nico, I had a BC/ACD mix foster pup, Murray, who ended up becoming part of Ryan's family. (Django's dad.)

RD

Are you dead yet?
Yeah, seasons don't have much impact on it. Eve is a psycho. Like always. She's gotten so goofy since she retired.

Members online

No members online now.