Disgusting babytalk experience*Not for children*

Richie12345

Well, I'm taking Cooper out for walks now cuz my parents want me 2. I try to avoid strangers cuz we have like tha wierdest conversations, lol. They always like try to make conversations long my saying stuff slowly.

"Oh, what a cuuuuuuuuuuuuute puppy!!!!" "Thanks" *long pause* "What breed is she" "...he's a vizsla" *long pause* "*GASP* A VIZSLA?!? *mispernounces the name*, *pause* I love them sooooooo muuuuuch!" "..." "I see them all the time in dog parks" "oh really?" "Yep" "...I have to go"

That's what I have to do every single time I meet a stranger like that. They always do all that baby talk and petting with Cooper, this time this woman sounded like she was gonna have an orgasm or something. Is that normal? I swear to god, it was so freaky. She was breathing heavily and stuff. I mean she was like one of those people that have sex with animals.

Then another stranger I met was like asking me peverted questions.

Has this whole babytalk thing happnd to you? It freaked me out

Fran27

LOL

Yeah pretty much. People lose their mind when they see a cute pup, but I have to admit I probably sound as scary when I see one too.

ohmai

Hardly anyone stops me while we go out on walks =[
I think my puppy is too cute too! If I saw him walking with someone else I'd stop him

People do that all the time with babies, too....Seneca gets a ton of compliments. It's normal - babies (baby animals included) are irresistible.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
When I HAD Rocky... I got a lot of:

Ohhh myyyyyy, he's so beautiful. Is he pure bred?

Some of 'em would seem like they didn't believe he was a real dog, lol.

People always stop me when I'm walking my neighbor's westie. They're all, "Aw, what a cute puppy! He's so cute!" And then when I inform him that she's female and at least two years old, they're all, "Whoa, really?" People usually stop me when I'm walking the girls to pet them and say, "aw they're cute" but thankfully they usually leave within five minutes. One time I sat there for fifteen minutes with Colby and May while two little kids spoiled them. They loved it though.

Richie12345

gaddylovesdogs said:
People always stop me when I'm walking my neighbor's westie. They're all, "Aw, what a cute puppy! He's so cute!" And then when I inform him that she's female and at least two years old, they're all, "Whoa, really?" People usually stop me when I'm walking the girls to pet them and say, "aw they're cute" but thankfully they usually leave within five minutes. One time I sat there for fifteen minutes with Colby and May while two little kids spoiled them. They loved it though.
People I meet think I would get offended if we made the Conversation short and quick, or something. The cool thing is that asian people here never stop me, they're so cool, lol

A lot of people here are in a rush or old, and I'll stop to say hello and talk for a few minutes, then I'll say bye and walk away. They don't seem too offended, actually they seem pleased that a kid my age stops to say hello to someone their age.
A lot of Asian people do not like dogs - many view them as dirty - not all, but many do.

beagle_lovergirl

Stare at my avatar....
Lol, yeah, but TOO much. Once I went in Petsamrt with her to pick up treats, which should take no more than 5 minutes. Well, 45 minutes later, I finally come out. Everyone's like "Look, it's a bagel !(yes, they say bagel which cracks me up!) Ooooo you're soooooo cuuuuuteeeeeee you little wittle baaaaabyyyyyy! Ooooooo I want to take you home with meeeeeeee! Oh my god she's tooooooooo adorable.
At first it was nice, but now I feel like saying Don't touch her, she has a highly contagious skin desease!

Richie12345

gaddylovesdogs said:
A lot of people here are in a rush or old, and I'll stop to say hello and talk for a few minutes, then I'll say bye and walk away. They don't seem too offended, actually they seem pleased that a kid my age stops to say hello to someone their age.
A lot of Asian people do not like dogs - many view them as dirty - not all, but many do.
most smile when they see my pup, but I have seen two that completely ignored him... thank god, I hate getting in those stupid conversations

LOL we have a family friend, and one day her mother brother her youngest daughter to go look at puppies. When she came home, she said, "Oooh, Mom! They had the cutest little bagels!!" :D

Richie12345

beagle_lovergirl said:
Everyone's like "Look, it's a bagel !(yes, they say bagel which cracks me up!) Ooooo you're soooooo cuuuuuteeeeeee you little wittle baaaaabyyyyyy! Ooooooo I want to take you home with meeeeeeee! Oh my god she's tooooooooo adorable.
The person I met was like "I can't take you, I know you want me, but I can't take you" in some freaky voice I was thinkin "oKAAAAAYYYY... you're a freak" lol

Richie1234 said:
They always do all that baby talk and petting with Cooper, this time this woman sounded like she was gonna have an orgasm or something.
LOL!!! Better than the alternative! (where they're nasty to you). Might say next time to avoid it "Sorry, we're working on biting issues right now"... Lol...

Richie12345

EliNHunter said:
LOL!!! Better than the alternative! (where they're nasty to you). Might say next time to avoid it "Sorry, we're working on biting issues right now"... Lol...
LOL, the funny thing is Cooper WAS biting her

femke

We had that with Penny ALL the time in the beginning lol. People always wanted to pet her. But it is indeed really good socialization. Penny is a Sheltie who often REALLY shy and don't like strangers however because she's seen so many people and been pet so many times when she was little she is now the most outgoing sheltie our vet has ever seen. She will actually try to stop people on the street so they pet her instead of the other way around lol.

One thing I always did dislike was when kids would want to pet her but she'd be a little hyper and jump around and do her little puppy biting thing (lets face it dont' they all...) and then the kids would freak out and go back to their mom's whispering the dog bit them.... while I warned them before hand I dont have that under controle yet... that got really annoying.

Now she's almost six months and not as many people stop us on the street, so just hang in there it will get less with time!

nedim

Never ad that problem. Noone's been able to get close enough to Peanut to comment on her. She goes ballistic if anyone tries to touch her or gets too close to me.

Members online

No members online now.