Humpedehumphump

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Our foster is driving me (and T-Bone) crazy. He's two years old and has been in a shelter all his life. Imagine a 60lbs wiggler with behavior of a puppy. He is very sweet natured and more on the submissive side.

But: he loves to hump and nip T-Bone playfully in the butt. She corrects him and leaves it at it. He then rolls over for her. And then starts it again.
I always have him leashed in the house and praise him when he approaches T-Bone is a calm manner and put him in a sit/stay when he acts up.

Is there anything else I can do or am I doing something wrong? I know we've only had him for maybe 10 days, but he seriously doesn't get it at all. Or am I just being impatient? He has never lived inside a house and everything is soooo new to him. He's doing great with his schedule... he doesn't get into things... and he seems to be very smart.

Maxy24

After she corrects him and he gets up to go for her again you could try body blocking him. Basically stand in front of him to block his path to her. If he tries to go around you just step back in front of him. Eventually he'll back off, maybe sit down. Once he gives up trying to hump her, go pick up a toy and see if you can get him interested in that. That's my best guess at what to do, maybe those who have dealt with it could be of more help.

Maybe a more severe time out? Like crate time, or shut in a room by himself. For this to be effective, you must be the one to pull him off T-bone, don't let it get to the point where she corrects and then you pull him up off the floor. You want it clear he's going into time out for the humping.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
That's what I have been trying to do. Sometimes he "sneaks" me out, though. I'll try and give him longer time-outs.
This will be a long, hard road, I believe. But someone has to give him a shout... where should he have learned it.

Members online

No members online now.