Rose in pencil

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks guys!

Incredibly (or not) this was sooo much easier than the cartoons I've been doing lately. It only took about an hour and a half to do.

I should do these more often.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Wow you work fast, it takes me days and days to do a pencil portrait, and if it is truly large longer then that. I do work with and o3 lead so i can get sharp lines and fine detail. This is a very nice study! FOr when your not studying;)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Wow you work fast, it takes me days and days to do a pencil portrait, and if it is truly large longer then that. I do work with and o3 lead so i can get sharp lines and fine detail. This is a very nice study! FOr when your not studying;)
Haha, I think that's the first time I've been told that. I usually work notoriously slow. My first picture with my art teacher in high school was a pencil drawing of some wolves. He finally came up to me and said, "Lauren, you know it's gorgeous but we're not going to spend all semester on it." :eek:

I think I've gotten a lot faster recently though.

And I finished up evading homework by finishing up Anubis. I'll have to scan hat one later too!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my illustration teacher told me when i was working on a pencil piece "whatever you do. don't get tired and rush it" i got a straight a on that one and he never gave straight a's. Can't say i like what your art teacher said too much. Getting a student to pay more attention to detail is harder then getting one to do less...he was considering his time, not the piece itself.:(

noludoru

Bored Now.
Lauren, I know I've already complimented it to ya.l.. but what a beautiful drawing of her, I love it! Doesn't it feel absolutely wonderful when you get the hair right, and can make those long, sweeping strokes?

Members online

No members online now.