I officially have a foster dog!

Sweet72947

Squishy face
His name is Norris, I think he's a cattle dog mix (going by coloration, but he's probably mostly just MUTT) and he's from FOHA and he's....interesting so far. It took cheeseburgers, hotdogs, and several volunteers to get him in my sister's car when we picked him up. He was good in the car on the way. Then he didn't want to go into the house when we got here, and when we got him in the house he drank water, we walked him around, and when we walked him upstairs he didn't want to go downstairs. I finally coaxed him downstairs and we watched TV for a while, and then I had to coax him back upstairs so I could use my computer. He hasn't been in a house in a long time (I believe he came to FOHA four years ago)...I think he's confused about how it's supposed to work! Norris is smart though, he'll figure out the routine in time. He can also be quite rude...I microwaved some chicken nuggets and sat on the couch to eat them (because I have no kitchen table) and he stared at me with big puppy eyes, and when that didn't work he sat there barking at me. Of course that didn't work either, so he jumped up on my legs. STILL didn't get a nugget! Sorry Norris, I don't reward bad behavior. :p

I think learning to live with Norris will be fun. :D

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I would love to show you some pictures, but unfortunately the batteries in my camera exploded, so I have to clean it all out and buy some new batteries. :/

Locke

Norris! What a cute name.

Wish you all the best teaching Norris good manners :)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Thanks!

For those who don't remember Norris from FOHA pic threads, I refer you to this old pic thread here:

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132247

The second day has gone ok. He did take a poop on the floor this morning. :rolleyes: We mostly hung out at the house. I took him on a short walk around the neighborhood (during which we crossed the street to avoid a lone four year old girl who seemed to be outside with no parental supervision) and then watched some TV. He is stressing a lot less, but still stressing some. I wish I knew how to help him calm down. :/

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
oh wow--he has been at the shelter for a long time, eh? I would imagine it will take him some time to settle--but how great is it that he is with you? He has such a great face! Looks like quite a character.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I will come take pics :)

I would recommend rescue remedy or happy traveler to help him settle in. It's a huge change for him. I can get you some happy traveler from work if you want and send it home with Jeff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady

I would recommend rescue remedy or happy traveler to help him settle in. It's a huge change for him. I can get you some happy traveler from work if you want and send it home with Jeff.

Sweet72947

Squishy face

Thanks, I think that would be useful. Norris just gets so anxious about everything. I took him on a walk today and he finally pooped! I was getting concerned since he hadn't pooped since Sunday morning. I guess his tummy won't be on a regular schedule just yet.

He's cute. I have a soft spot for brats.
Me too. :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Glad he finally pooped. I got your text when I was at work and couldn't text back since we were busy sorry. I don't work tomorrow so I will text Jeff and ask him to bring some home tomorrow for you. If he forgets I will make sure he takes some Thursday to give you. I think with our discount it is only like $5-6 or so for a bottle.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Thanks! And yeah, Norris is starting to get more regular. He pooped on the floor this morning. Again. -_- But at least he's pooping! And its solid and normal! :p

Yes I tried the collar on him, it works great! :)

Members online

No members online now.