Canine Christmas Stockings....

Gig 'Em Ags

JP Cattle Co.
Howdy Folks!!! Holiday decorating time again, and in my household, that includes placing Christmas stockings along the mantle(s), including one for each dog. Theirs, however, are in the shape of a bone about three feet long, appropriately decorated with a dog/Xmas theme made by a dear old gal near Kerrville TX. It goes without saying, the bones are stuffed with all sorts of goodies!!! Do you fellows have Christmas stockings for the pups as well? If so, what treats/toys do you provide?

zoe08

Zoe has a Pluto stocking. There is a picture in my Christmas decoration thread. But I haven't gone shopping for her Christmas presents yet, so I don't know what I will put it in.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Yes walker gets one it is a red and black one from target last year :D and it is filled with bones a collar toys and bushes or stuff like that. Basically what i need for him LOL.

SarahFair

Ya we use to do one for our WGSD..
We put a bunch of treats in them..
Pig ears and hooves
and get one of thouse HUGE cow bones..
Hes was an outside dog
I wouldnt recommend one of thouse for an inside dog..
It will ruin your carpet

Debi

it's probably the one thing I don't do. my kids would roll their eyeballs back so far, they'd get stuck in their heads if they saw doggie stockings. but don't worry, I have two extremely spoiled dogs all year long! :)

I don't provide any treats, Santa does that . . . wouldn't want to spoil Christmas for them, although I'm afraid they may have more interest in the reindeer than anything else ;)

BostonBanker

Of course Meg has a stocking! My mother knits gorgeous stockings, albeit usually for people. A couple of years ago, she actually knit stockings for all the horses in our barn with the correct color horse and their name on them. So Meg has her very own custom stocking.

Both my mom and I have been buying stuff to put in it. Collars, stuffed toys, bully sticks, treats.... It will be bulging by Christmas, I'm sure!
[/IMG]

I'm not using a stocking, but I am wrapping all her presents.

This is our first Christmas together too.

So far, I got her: a stuffed toy, treats. I am still going to get her a pack of squeaky tennis balls (her favorite) and Salmon oil (hopefully)

I on't want to go too all out because she coul care less about presents. So I'm holding off on sweaters, and charms for her collar, etc.

Toller_08

Tango and Winston both have stockings. The others don't yet, but will be getting one. We just put a couple toys in their's. Not a whole lot, but it makes them happy anyway.

She gets a stocking (but of course) which is a black and white leopard print, bone-shaped and large enough for dog treats. She also gets a load of wrapped gifts under the tree. All toys or treats or something she'll directly appreciate like a leash. She gets into it, ripping the wrapping paper off parcels and sticking her whole head into the stocking.

I always used to buy stuff for the dogs, cats, birds, etc., of people I exchange human gifts with, but not this year. I just get the 'ok, uh, thanks' response and Hen never gets a return gift, so I'm not wasting the money anymore.

Thanks, I had worried I was being petty. I had considered buying everyone stuff I liked, then if they did the usual rather snarky reception of a dog treat for their pet, say "OK, well, I guess you won't like a weirdo's gift" and yoink, take back the human's gift. That seemed cruel, though.:)

People just don't care, and are so ungrateful. Haha, I'm over giving humans gifts :D Except for immediate family..which I don't have much of anyway :(

I'm going to share a story with you..

Last year, I bought my Aunt TONS of stuff. Expensive makeup I thought she'd like, NICE jewelry, etc. I was really trying to show her I cared, and that I knew what she liked.

What did she get me? A PLASTIC snowflake ornament that broke. I really felt that all the things I had gotten her were unappreciated. I don't care about gifts, but it's the thought that counts, and she didn't put much thought into it. And my feelings were very much hurt, and still are.

So, this year, I'm not doing much for her. Getting a German Shepherd Calendar, and MAYBE somethig else, but that's it.

Do you get what I mean? If you put too much effort into gifts, and they are unappreciated, your feelings get hurt. And I want HAPPY Holidays this year :)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
This is going to be Fozzie's first Christmas, so I have to make it really special for them! They both have paw-shaped santa hat style stockings with their names in glitter glue. I'll probably stuff those with home made liver cookies & bully stix & lamb ears & other Merrick chews... then, of course I have to give them an awesome Raw meal... probably something like pig hock, foot, or shoulder. And the dogs always get more presents than most of the people in my family. Even relatives from TX and SC that don't send me a present send Gonzo a present for Christmas =P. I don't know yet what I'm getting them for presents. Probably some more Obedience classes for Fozzie. >_<

Gonzo & Fozzie are in a calendar for 2007, so I'm buying a bunch of those and giving them to my family... and to anyone else that I have no idea what to get them.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I always used to buy stuff for the dogs, cats, birds, etc., of people I exchange human gifts with, but not this year. I just get the 'ok, uh, thanks' response and Hen never gets a return gift, so I'm not wasting the money anymore.
I get everyone's dogs presents too. They usually laugh about it, because I spend more money on their dogs than on them. But I don't care if the people don't like it... I know their dogs will! :)

Members online

No members online now.