What are you getting others for Christmas?

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
My mom is getting a Nexus 7 tablet, case, and Google play gift card

My dad is getting Harley Davidson gear

One sister is getting a bunch of stuff from bath & body works, her husband.. Uhm, not sure, my nephew is getting the Lego ninjago battle dragon set.

Other sister is getting yankee candle stuff and her husband is getting some Eddie Bauer sweaters/shirts.

Dan isn't getting anything because we're going on vacation together and I have no idea what to get him.

LindaJD

That one is PERFECT if you want to wrap I will say though alot of people say they dont get as long a use out of it if they have chunky babies. I never used it because FL heat and a extra knit fabric....kill me now.
Thank-you. Any suggestions for carriers as they get older and heavier? My youngest baby is 18 so I am out of the loop as far as baby stuff, but I will be spoiling the grandbaby so I need to learn some stuff.:)

milos_mommy

I just got (meaning I got about a week ago and asked my family every day if it came, and Mom just now "found it while cleaning her office") my kid's in need's lists.

I got a 12 year old boy, who just wrote he likes football and board games

And an 11 year old girl who asked for an Mp3 player and Baby Alive doll, so I'll choose one of those, probably Mp3 because I think an 11 year old would only get minimal use out of a baby doll.

The boy will be hard because I don't know what teams/players he likes, or what type of games or who he has to play them with :(

CaliTerp07

Milo, what about a pair of receivers gloves? Those could be for any team, and my husband LOVES to play flag football with his :) I'd go to Target probably and buy a few of my favorite little games--Phase 10, Rummikub, etc. Games that can be understood by 7 year olds but mastered by 27 year olds :)

I'm struggling with my adopted family too. I'm supposed to buy them a toy, an educational item, and clothing, but I can't get in touch with the family to get clothing sizes or interests. All I know is that they are 6 and 7, and they both want bikes, which I purchased (and helmets to go with them). Mom wrote "need warm clothes" but did not put sizes and does not speak English...so I think I just have to give them a gift card to walmart (the only store near where they live) and hope they have transportation there and use it for the kids...

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Gah, I haven't quite decided yet. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

The Boy - a custom knife, a knife sharpening kit, socks, and one more thing that I haven't decided. He changes what he wants very quickly, so I have to try to guess ahead when getting him things.

Dad - a new floor lamp, since the dogs kinda took out his last one... haha. Some candy and nuts and things, as always.

The Kraken - a massage.

Brother - The Boy and I are splitting the cost of a cheap laptop for him.

Not really getting anything for people outside of my immediate family this year, since work's been slow lately. I do love shopping for other people, though.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I have no idea!! I seriously can't believe it's almost December already. It snuck up too quickly and now I have to start worrying about Christmas lol.

I don't usually buy Christmas presents because I've never really been in a position where I could afford to, but I think I'll be okay to swing it this year so we'll see what I end up doing last minute lol.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Thank-you. Any suggestions for carriers as they get older and heavier? My youngest baby is 18 so I am out of the loop as far as baby stuff, but I will be spoiling the grandbaby so I need to learn some stuff.:)
Mei Tai! You can get a cheap (under 40) one that holds my 30 lb 2 year old and it can be worn by me or my husband and is easily switched between kids. You can get up to 200 dollars easily for a carrier if you are crazy. (like me :eek: )

darkchild16

We are Home.
Milo, what about a pair of receivers gloves? Those could be for any team, and my husband LOVES to play flag football with his :) I'd go to Target probably and buy a few of my favorite little games--Phase 10, Rummikub, etc. Games that can be understood by 7 year olds but mastered by 27 year olds :)

I'm struggling with my adopted family too. I'm supposed to buy them a toy, an educational item, and clothing, but I can't get in touch with the family to get clothing sizes or interests. All I know is that they are 6 and 7, and they both want bikes, which I purchased (and helmets to go with them). Mom wrote "need warm clothes" but did not put sizes and does not speak English...so I think I just have to give them a gift card to walmart (the only store near where they live) and hope they have transportation there and use it for the kids...

Walmart will let them exchange it even without the receipt but they get a gift card anyway :|. I would just get them a size 6 and a size 7 with adjustable waist.

ETA or even a size up in adjustable. If they are too long they can be rolled up.

Kailynn

My older sister is getting nothing because we don't talk.
My mother is getting nothing because I've bought her tickets to come to Ontario twice this year and she blew me off both times. She can drive down here to pick up the last four years of Christmas presents if she really wants to.

My younger sister is getting two female guinea pigs (she's been begging for three years, I've already spoken to her legal guardian about it and she's fine with it) as well as everything they need.

little brother twin 1 is getting all the harry potter books and a lego set.
little brother twin 2 is getting a new skateboard and some hoodies from west 49 (you can SO tell their personalities apart just by what I'm getting them... lol)

Grandmother is getting wine. She always gets wine, maybe I should give her some tequila to mix it up HAHA.
Other grandmother is getting odd hats. She likes odd hats.

Father is getting some Toronto Maple Leafs memorabilia (much to my distate -.- I'm a Canadians fan aha.) His wife and her sons are getting nothing, because they stole my dog 8) But I'll be sending him some treats along with my dads presents.

My uncle just recovered from his second major heart attack, so I got him a book about recovering from heart attacks and living healthier from then on, as well as some cat supplies as he's not doing too well and I don't want him to have to give up his pets.

My great grandparents are getting yankee candles and wine. Everyone loves wine, woo!

My significant other... well, we're both tight on money, so I made him a scrapbook of our past year together as well as a large glass picture frame with a collage of photos of us in it. I'm pretty proud, I think he'll love it :)

His mom is getting some house decor and a timmies card. His mom's boyfriend is getting a timmies card. His great grandmother is getting some house decor and something else, I haven't decided yet.

my mice are getting a tank upgrade, going from a 20 gallon to a 29 gallon l tank. They'll appreciate the digging room, I'm sure.

Cousins are getting socks and cards. I'm running out of money haha!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Srsly don't know.

So far the other half a onesie like this:

And some PJ bottoms and a dressing gown.... exciting eh.

Other than that I have no idea. I only buy for immediate family, so at least that's a relief.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Since Ian already knows anyway, I'll share what I'm getting him. He's getting a GoPro as his main gift. I have some ideas for smaller gifts/stocking stuffers, but I can't share them on here incase he decides to sneak a peek at this thread ;)

We're also going on vacation that week, so that counts as a present from us to us :D

My mom is getting a Dooney and Bourke purse she told me she wanted.

Not sure about my sister yet.

I'll probably get my dad a video game (he likes RPGs) and some long sleeved shirts.

Luckily for me, I only have to shop for my immediate family :D

Red.Apricot

I got my boyfriend a great pocket-notebook. It's metal, and when you take the pen out it opens automatically. He'll love it.

I don't know what I'm getting anyone else.

Fran27

Hubby's family probably gift baskets because we're so lazy and never know what to get them! I liked it better when we picked an adult and kid and per person and just bought for them. Oh well.

For my kids, too much to list...

For hubby, no idea. I don't even think either of us want anything.

For the kid I 'adopted' for Christmas, I got Hello Kitty stuff (a watch, some bracelet crafting stuff, squinquies or whatever they are called, a plush and an art kit) and a magic set.

milos_mommy

I did shopping for my kids in need, but none for any one I know personally :p

The boy (12) got a football, stickers of those black lines under the eyes, a 20 Qs orb

The girl (11) got a baby alive doll and mp3 player and socks.

I still have no idea what to get my family, if I have the energy I'm going to make my mom a christmas pyramid.

GipsyQueen

Marc is getting LED strips that change color, because he's wanted them for a while and I always said no. :rolleyes: Thats his main presant, other than that he'll be getting a season of "Game of thrones", a Capo and some smaller stocking stuffers.

My mom is getting some Pyrex stuff because she asked for them, and a cookbook from Jamie Oliver.

My dad? NO IDEA.

The grandparents and aunts/uncles are getting some handmade stuff. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
For my 88 year old Mom
One box of thin lemon waffers with zest (to go with her green tea) and a box of thin sugar waffers with dark chocolate one one side. One large chocolate bar with toffee and sea salt, one bottle of Blackberry Brandy. Two bags of hershey kisses dark chocolate and the cherry cordial A couple packets of Hot Chocolate and that is all I have fit in it so far. I will probably add some good truffles. Found the neat basket at the thrift store. It was the perfect size and I know will please her. SHe is the only adult I am getting a present for, the rest are grandchildren and I am making 99 precent of that. I did find a photo frame for my grandson's 2 yr old play buddy and included three pics of their 2 men and a truck photos for him, and will paint a turtle rock since I am his adopted Nana and that is what he calls me, once a Nana, always the Nana. I love him like one of my own.

Last edited:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
My nephew emailed me with this list of items

- 2 extension cords
- 1 power drill
- wooden planks
- telescope
- hammer
- couch

..should I be concerned?!? lol

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Does Liz count? Liz is getting dental surgery. Thanks to Liz, no one else can have presents.

CaliTerp07

CHANGE OF PLANS!

Everyone is getting (giving) a llama or share of a llama through heifer.org

https://secure1.heifer.org/gift-catalog?msource=magento

In addition, Mom, mom-in-law, and grandmother-in-law are getting earrings, because they will be sad if they don't get tangible gifts. :rolleyes: Sister is getting a hoodie. Everyone else is getting a llama. Or perhaps a flock of ducks. Or a water buffalo! So many good options.

Seriously though, this year it hit me that spending money on people who have more than enough money to buy themselves everything they need (and most of what they want) is ridiculous. I'd much rather send that same money to where it's needed.

Members online

No members online now.