What else does Mikey have in him?

Saje said:
I think sometimes kitty and puppy abortions are good. At least the animals don't have to grow up to live with abusive people or in a shelter waiting to get put down. Controversial. I know.
I agree with you. There's a story going around in my hometown right now (all the doglovers on a network) about 21 puppies being born at ONE HOUSE. Seems as though these people just let their unspayed females run and of course every unaltered male comes in and does his thing. Well, they all had puppies at the same time -- 21 total. The "owner" of the property makes them stay out in a chicken coup because she doesn't want all those dogs. So SAD!

Saje

Island dweller
That is sad. And all those puppies will breed is somethings not done... :( Is anyone going to step in?

I have a friend that works for the local news affiliate for NBC and want to try and have them run a story... The "owner" was talking about taking all the pups to a local auction house and try to "get rid of them" that way". So sad... unfortunately, it happens all too often.

Saje

Island dweller
That's so true. I really hope it works out. Maybe keep us updated? I'd like to see it work out <crosses fingers>

Saje

Island dweller
Hi.
You need to upload the photo to a site like www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com (I think .com)

From there you will get a code to post in the forum.

you will need to post it in this format:

If you post in the gallery you can upload it directly from your computer. The link to the gallery is at the top of any page next to the forum link.

Hope that helps.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yeah i definatly see staffy in him i was thinking pit at first but now that I really look he does have a Staffy face. He may even have some Weimeraner that doesent mean he has to be tall its just a possibility.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
EliNHunter said:
He's SO CUTE!!! I would think 1/2 pit 1/2 lab...
I have to agree, he looks like a 1/2 Chocolate Lab and 1/2 Pit Bull. Nice lookin' dog though! :)

I betcha I could tell you exactly what he has in him if I was around. I could see maybe some of the traits that some breeds hold. For example, I heard somebody saying that he may have some weimaraner in him, but I could probably only determine that by observing him. If he's full of life and energy; loves to run a lot ... basically very sport.

Saje said:
You think? Lab. Hmmm. Not sure about that. He's quite small. And when he runs you can see the power in his back legs, bow-legged kind of. Like other bulldogs.
I'm thinking lab to cuz i used to have a lab/pit mix(long story) and he was small for a lab even though he was like somewhere around 85% lab but not all pits are big though. I've seen some pits where there head barely meets my knee and thats pure pit. My lab/pit had the same exact body shape,ears,temperment(?) and like urs a excelent hunting dog(never uesed him for it but he cought a baby bunny once)

Saje

Island dweller
Neat. Do you have any pictures of him? I guess I should look up pit/staffie lab mixes on the net and see what I find.

I can imagine him being a very good hunter. He chases the cats all over the house although he seems to be more curious about the bunnies and weasel (long story) that we have in the house. The other day I was cleaning the bunny room and I normally don't let him near me while I"m doing that because I have the doors all open. But he was there and just watching. He laid down in the entrance way and just seemed curious. He upset the bunnies though so I made him leave.

Guess most people think he's a staffie/lab. I'm going to call him that from now on. Much better than pitbull. Not that pitbulls are bad I just don't want him to be judged.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
cincodahlila said:
I'm thinking lab to cuz i used to have a lab/pit mix(long story) and he was small for a lab even though he was like somewhere around 85% lab but not all pits are big though. I've seen some pits where there head barely meets my knee and thats pure pit. My lab/pit had the same exact body shape,ears,temperment(?) and like urs a excelent hunting dog(never uesed him for it but he cought a baby bunny once)
most true pits airn't BIG dogs eh around 30-80 lbs both Zeus and tundra are pretty small their backs come to my knee (zeus's is maybe alittle taller then Tundra). Mikey does have the traits of a lab but hey who knows either way he's beautiful :) .

Saje

Island dweller
We weighed Mikey recently and he was about 70 lbs. in case anyone is interested.

Members online

No members online now.