The Venting Thread

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I know of people who get just as sick from perfume, body sprays, lotions, whatever so I should stop wearing those too?

I miss the old days where no one cared where you lit up & it's funny that no one had "sensitivities " to smoke ado then, it see was though these "sensitivities" are something that has come up recently.
People do not get cancer from perfume, there are no long term illnesses that perfume causes to anyone who inhales it.
Inhaling cigarette smoke is bad for ANY LUNG of ANY PERSON.

I'm not sure if you are really that dim or if you are kidding!

Seriously, you think nobody got cancer from inhaling cigarette smoke back then?!
Hey screw it lets go back to the good old days when you could light up in hospitals!
Let's start giving kids coca cola in their baby bottles!
Let's go tanning with some baby oil all day long!

PEOPLE DID STUPID THINGS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T KNOW BETTER AND INFORMATION WASN'T WIDELY AVAILABLE.
Now we do.

People wised up, research got better and the rules were put in place because people were getting sick and people were dying.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Had an awesome time hiking with the dogs, but got home and Abrams' eye was all irritated. Third eyelid was up, squinting, weepy, the works. I flushed it and brought a piece of mulch to the surface. He was a very good boy and let me get it out, but now I'm worried there was a piece I didn't see and/or it scratched his eye. Really hoping tomorrow morning his eye will look fine!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Had an awesome time hiking with the dogs, but got home and Abrams' eye was all irritated. Third eyelid was up, squinting, weepy, the works. I flushed it and brought a piece of mulch to the surface. He was a very good boy and let me get it out, but now I'm worried there was a piece I didn't see and/or it scratched his eye. Really hoping tomorrow morning his eye will look fine!
:( Poor guy. Hope he feels fine! Harlow swiped her eye on a reed a few weeks ago and it swelled up real bad. I put some triple antibiotic around it just to be safe, and it was down in the morning.

There's a thread dedicated to you in FH. :D

Bunny82

Umm I smoke and I see nothing wrong with designated smoking area's in public places. I already don't smoke near or around my son, on the rare occassion I get to run an errand alone I try to find a place off to the side away from people if I want a cigarette. It's not that hard to just be courteous and respectful of others. Just because I choose to engage in something unhealthy (and starting back up again is/was just plain stupid btw) that does not mean I need to subject others to my bad choices and put their health at risk!

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Our AC broke, we're working on a 100 gallon saltwater fishtank, i need to see a doctor and have no health insurance (im diabetic debbie!), and the dogs need food. I am so afraid my money will be gone before I can get dog show entries in :/

Saeleofu

I just found out my insurance runs out October 31. NOT December 31. ****.

I don't know if I qualify for Medicaid/KanCare, or where to even begin looking.

But ... It is punishing. Vanquishing smokers to isolated, dark corners just because it makes some people uncomfortable?

Like I said, businesses? Restaurants? Even some places like amusment parks (even though they are open air) but side walks? Streets? Come on, isn't that going a little too far? Like I said I do not smoke in public (unless I am at a bar or something) but I do respect the right of someone who chooses to.
Am I the only one who sees the irony of expecting women to breastfeed in the bathroom because it makes some people uncomfortable, but crying foul for sending smokers to isolated dark corners for ENDANGERING OTHER PEOPLE'S HEALTH?

lolz

Saeleofu

Am I the only one who sees the irony of expecting women to breastfeed in the bathroom because it makes some people uncomfortable, but crying foul for sending smokers to isolated dark corners for ENDANGERING OTHER PEOPLE'S HEALTH?

lolz

:hail: :hail: :hail:

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I know of people who get just as sick from perfume, body sprays, lotions, whatever so I should stop wearing those too?

I miss the old days where no one cared where you lit up & it's funny that no one had "sensitivities " to smoke ado then, it see was though these "sensitivities" are something that has come up recently.
Most places here, at fairs and things...Don't even have smoking areas. It's 100% smoke free. Because.. Well... smoke doesn't stay in the designated areas. ;)

Gasp, you can't even smoke in your car if there's a kid in there. you also can't smoke on achool property, even if you are in your car. The horror.

Yet, 95% of smokers here don't complain (loudly) about it, because they're, you know, considerate human beings.

In the grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter, I went back inside. I was annoyed, after a long day, and decided to vent here rather than yelling at distant family and causing issues at a wedding ;)

crazedACD

lolz
I was actually waiting for her to say the opposite, "I'm uncomfortable with breast feeding and people still do it in front of me". :p

I'm a smoker. I try to be respectful. If I'm outdoors somewhere and I want to smoke, I run off to my own corner. I got really irritated at a guy smoking in the doorway of walmart last week...it was raining, but really guy? :rolleyes:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!

lolz
Parhaps you missed the part where I said "I can understand it being not allowed in restaurants, businesses, & inclosed buildings." But now a person can light up walking down the sidewalk? Come on.

The last time I checked, smoking didnt qualify as indecent exposure, either.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Parhaps you missed the part where I said "I can understand it being not allowed in restaurants, businesses, & inclosed buildings." But now a person can light up walking down the sidewalk? Come on.

The last time I checked, smoking didnt qualify as indecent exposure, either.
The last time I checked, breastfeeding didn't qualify as indecent exposure, either.

I've suffered through second hand smoke but I honestly can't say I've ever experienced second hand breast feeding. :rofl1: It's a boob and it feeds a baby, bottom line. I do NOT think mothers should have to breast feed in the bathroom but likewise, I do NOT think it's ok to change a dirty diaper on a table in a common eating area. I don't expect your baby to eat in a bathroom so please don't expect the same from me.

Members online

No members online now.