Eye discharge

BerryBye

Hi there,
My new dog has greenish white goopy discharge coming from his eyes. I'm totally freaking out that it's Conjunctivitis aka Canine Distemper.
I'm new to dogs and afraid! Could it be a million other things?
Vet appointment booked for tomorrow...

CaliTerp07

Hi there,
My new dog has greenish white goopy discharge coming from his eyes. I'm totally freaking out that it's Conjunctivitis aka Canine Distemper.
I'm new to dogs and afraid! Could it be a million other things?
Vet appointment booked for tomorrow...
Conjunctivitis is just pink eye, as far as I know...Lucy's had it before. They give you an antibiotic eye cream, and it goes away in a few days. No big deal.

F

FluffyZooCrew

Conjunctivitis is not Distemper, very far from it. It can be a SYMPTOM of distemper, but Conjunctivitis is a very common eye problem in dogs, and is typically nothing more than inflammation in the eye that typically requires a round of antibiotic eye ointment. I've taken in several dogs that had conjunctivitis that was cleared up with a round of eye ointment. Definitely see the vet, but don't get yourself in a panic, especially if the leaky eyes are the only symptom.

BerryBye

**sighing in huge relief**
Thanks guys!
I should not be allowed on google...!!

You have to be careful typing in symptoms on google, for you, or for the dog. I had myself all worked up when I hurt my knee about a year and a half ago. I was sure I would need surgery, as it was seriously messed up, and there were two possible problems, one was the correct one, a torn quadriceps tendon, and the other one, another tendon where the surgery is much more involved. I had myself convinced it would be the worse one that would have to be done, and when the doctor said, "I'm pretty sure you tore your quadriceps tendon, and have to have it fixed tonight!" I was very relieved. Other than a couple of hours of pain right after the surgery, it wasn't bad at all. I did find out that not only doesn't morphine in an IV do much for me, I have a huge tolerance of it. They gave me several doses of it, and I didn't even get drowsy. They gave me a percocet though, and I was gone.

fillyone

But please, call me Barb
Could also be a food sensativity - Dante was on Nutro when I brought him home, same thing.
Changed his food - never another eye goober
:)

Good luck at the vet!

Members online