Female in Heat vs. Intact Male

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I have both, untill next week (Saffie will be fixed then)
I know stories of males that will not eat and just whine all day when there is a female in heat, and I'm glad Boy doesn't do that.
Ahh yes.. I forgot about that one!

Every time Jada was in her heat cycles - Riot knew.. even though Jada was always upstairs behind several closed - lockable doors..

Riot knew and would pace and whine pace and whine - ignore his dinner.. *groan*.. Riot lost a lot of weight when Jada was in heat..

Hes really grown up out of that though. Each time he sees Jada he still needs to shove his face under her to check.. but after that initial greeting hes completely fine(when shes out of heat).

We visited once while Jada was in heat and he had seem to forget about it after a few mintues of being at the house.

SOME do grow out of it.. some dont :)

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
I'd rather have an intact male. They don't bleed and smell and have the potential to become pregnant if an accident were to occur. Shippo was a pain in the butt when he was intact, but I learned to control it, so when he DID get neutered, I was already used to dealing with him lol...

Intact male without a doubt..so many people make them out to be unruly and aloof. But that all comes down to training.

As for females in heat, I certainly can deal with it, but I don't like too. Freckles is intact... she's not moody when she goes into heat, actually she is quite the opposite. I just don't like dealing with the "mess" :p

Members online

No members online now.