Sylvester the water cat

Saje

Island dweller
A few weeks ago a 'friend' dumped a cat on us. It was either take him or let him be tossed onto the street. We've been trying to rehome him (honestly) but of course we are also a bit smitten. This cat has a particularly large amount of character and as we speak he has just finished splashing his freshly poured bowl of water all over and now that the level is low he tipped it right over and has moved on to play in Nanook's bowl. What kind of cat does that? lol A bored one we think. He still needs to get neutered before he can go out and play with the other cats.

mjb

Our cat does the same thing, but he gets the water sloshing every time he goes to his bowl. I was beginning to wonder if he had a sight problem and could only judge where the water was by the motion, but his eye sight seems fine everywhere else.

He also just seems to be fascinated with liquid being spilled. We can't leave a cup on any surface unattended for long. He will and routinely does tip over every cup or glass that he sees that has any liquid in it. He recently has realized that I put a cup of milk on the kitchen counter in the morning for my son. It took 2 mornings of having the milk poured out to figure out that he had figured out my routine, and no more leaving the glass of milk on the counter.

He also turned over a glass of water that my son or husband had at the desk. They both sat there and let it happen. They said the cat 'pretended' to be stretching and at the last minute slapped the glass and turned it over. They were caught off-guard! Outsmarted by a cat!

Saje

Island dweller
hee hee hee good to know I don't have the only one! I know pups like to play in water but cats!!! :eek:

Barb04

Super Moderator
My Tiny does that all the time. I've tried to get heavier bowls that he can't tip over, but a 22 lb. cat can do what he wants!

Oh Saje, do you have a pic of Sylvester. I'd love to see this guy.

Saje

Island dweller
22 lbs! You'd have to glue it down. lol

I'll try and get a pic of him. I want to get him when he's sleeping on Steve. It's so funny. He sprawls out like a baby with legs all over the place.

Saje

Island dweller
hee hee hee Yeah, I know. He's pretty much ours. Today I gave him the crust from my toast and he ran around with it in his mouth and then ate the whole thing like we never feed him. Weird-o! :p

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Not at all uncommon. Wait till he puts the dogs' toys in the water. lol

Ah so you have another cat. Who you kidding?

Saje

Island dweller
hee hee hee That actually looks a lot like him. Except instead of a rose he'd have a sock or something else that he'd be tossing about :p

One of my cats used to drink his water with his toes - he'd dip his foot in, then bring it to his mouth to lick it off, over & over & over - oblivious to the fact that we were in hysterics laughing at him. He also liked to play in the toilet for the first few years I had him. When he was little, we had to be really careful to not leave the lid up, but you know how that goes.... Even after he fell in one day, it didn't stop him. I heard the thrashing in the water and figured out what happened, but before I could get to the bathroom he came racing out, drenched. LOL

I have a really heavy, ceramic, flat bottomed water dish I use so they've never been able to tip that one over - and two of mine are very large, too.

Incidentally, this was a stray kitten I found and "refused to keep" for the first month I had him. That was 10 years ago. :rolleyes: :lol-sign:

Members online