I need naming help.

Elrohwen

I didn't really think about Kite when you first posted it but the more I honk about it the more I love it. I love Pip too but Kite is more unique and fits him perfectly.

Name him Vanish. And when he lives up to his name, don't come looking at my place....

Seriously, though I love Kite and Dipper both.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Thanks for the input and ideas, everyone! Sorry it took me forever to respond again. Mr. Puppy is at his breeder's for a bit till I can have him here. Before he went back I started calling him Pip, but I'm not sure that's going to stick. I really like Kite on paper, but I'll have to try it out to see if it feels/sounds right.

I'm debating trying to come up with a name that has more meaning behind it. It wasn't something that I knew when I named him, but the rowan tree is traditionally a symbol of protection, and has a ton of folklore around it. A guardian tree is a very appropriate namesake for my ESA, so I think it would be cool to pick something like that out for my SD prospect. The ash tree is also associated with protection and healing, for example. "Rowan" and "rune" have similar roots - Tiwaz might be a good name. I dunno... I'm struggling so much with naming this puppy!

milos_mommy

Well, Kite initially made me think of The Kite Runner and the symbolism in that book. I liked Kite the best because I saw it as meaningful for a sighthound, but a lot of the meaning could be applied to a service dog. Someone needs to fly a kite, but the irony here is Kite would be helping you "fly" by achieving independence, etc.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Well, Kite initially made me think of The Kite Runner and the symbolism in that book. I liked Kite the best because I saw it as meaningful for a sighthound, but a lot of the meaning could be applied to a service dog. Someone needs to fly a kite, but the irony here is Kite would be helping you "fly" by achieving independence, etc.
I like that a lot :)

Members online