two question about grooming

SO I am a fairly new groomer but rather good... well i think I am good. But I am running into some trouble with my equipment and want some advice to extend the life of them.

First clipper my first set of clipper where andis but I messed up the cord and now need to figure out where I can send them to get fixed. Also to replace them till I figure that out I bought oaster which i hate :mad: they clip in lines and it bugs me but no matter what i do they don't work they are slow and feels like the screw up my blades. SO i am looking for suggestion into a better set of clippers to buy instead of my oaster I have looked at wahl but I am not sure if they are the best as I was told little about clippers. Suggestion? (for the suggestion to send my clippers for repair I am in Western Canada and don't mind sending them away but not to the states.)

Second my clipper blades they seem to wear out annoyingly fast I sent them away for sharpening and when i used my andis they worked fine but with the oaster they don't. I use cooling spray on them and clean them once a week. Is there anything I can do to extend the life of my blades between sharping or do I just have to send them ever month or so? ( I use oaster wahl and andis blades and they all wear equal)

So any advice for a rookie groomer would be very helpful.

First I would say stop using cooling sprays, only if you really have to because they don't do anything to help and can harm your blades in the long run. Try oiling them more often and having multiples.

If it's just the cord in your clippers you can order just the cord and do it yourself. Just did that a month or so ago myself.

wow i didnt know clipper spray was bad for them. what would you suggest using for cooling instead. And I have the cord coming but my clipper are still running wonky.

Members online

No members online now.