good cat food.

I currently feed marley before grain, as she loves it, and as any cat is picky.

I just recently seen that they have a ton of recalls. and now i want to switch her to something more "safe" that is healthy. Price is no big deal at all, as she eats less then half a cup a day (a 3lbs bag lasts a little over a month for her. )

Any suggestions. I know she HATED TOTW, cant remember what else she was on as its been so long.

Hopefully it is somthing I can find at a global or pet value store, as they offer buy 10 bags get one free. :) But these stores sell high quality products so I should be safe lol

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Acana Praire is what the Humane Society here feeds all their cats. Since the complete switch over to Acana and Orijen, they cats conditions have improved a ton.

Go! and Now! foods are also really good.

All those should be available at global. They're also Canadian brands made with canadian ingredients from good companies.

Have you considered raw food? My cat WAS super picky at one point until I slowly switched him to raw; now he chomps through every animal you put in front of him. The positive health change was so severe that I can't even imagine going to kibble again. Just a thought!

I have thought about RAW. but it sounds alot more complicated hen feeding dogs, from what i have read. And I dont even feed the dogs RAW currently lol.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I feed pre-made raw to Buddy (and did to Nya as well) even when I do Sierra's raw myself. It's just SO much harder to get them to eat whole pieces that I gave up. Buddy's on a kibble kick right now (Acana Prairie that I got a free bag of) and is being persnickety, but I'm working on getting him back to loving raw the way he used to.

It's pretty important to get as much moisture in their diet as possible, even if you don't go raw. Canned food should make up as much of the diet as you can. Grain free is obviously better. Cats don't naturally drink water in sufficient amounts, which is why we have so many cats getting urinary tract issues (crystals, infections, etc. etc.) as well as diabetes and obesity from carb heavy kibble just left out for free-feeding.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Orijen and Evo are favorites here, but I'd recommend the Orijen over the Evo.

Sadly, I can't feed kibble any longer. . . only wet. Which I recommend over kibble any day. :)

Thanks every one. I think Ill go with orijen.

As for wet food, I hardly feed her any. She honestly hates pretty much all good quality wet food. is it ok to geed a lower quality brand, since it isnt the same as kibble? I have given her so many different kinds of wet food that she stiffs her nose to. she likes crap like speacial kitty and meow mix. i have tried welness, taste of the wild, orijen and many others, to which she sticks her nose up to.

as well as diabetes and obesity from carb heavy kibble just left out for free-feeding.
I could never free feed her, she would eat until she explodes lol. She is on a schedule like the dogs. and god does she know her schedule, if you are 10 mins let she will let you know, she will do what it takes to get her point across, I have had so many things broken by her climbing up on something and smaching it to get her food, she is a brat lol.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Thanks every one. I think Ill go with orijen.

As for wet food, I hardly feed her any. She honestly hates pretty much all good quality wet food. is it ok to geed a lower quality brand, since it isnt the same as kibble? I have given her so many different kinds of wet food that she stiffs her nose to. she likes crap like speacial kitty and meow mix. i have tried welness, taste of the wild, orijen and many others, to which she sticks her nose up to.
Have you tried the Merricks cans? Those are by far the most popular canned cat foods. Or Solid Gold Tuna is very popular. Even the Nature's Variety stews are popular here.

Maxy24

Many people believe that even crappy wet is better than no wet. Especially if you are feeding a high protein dry food, protein requires water to be processed by the kidneys, more protein means they need even more water.

I however don't think I could feed crappy wet food for fear of poop explosions. It took me SUCH a long time to get my cats to eat wet, lots of mixing, lots of throwing away. Now that's all I feed them. Neko is a kibble addict though, steals from Tucker (and it shows in his waist line).

Members online

No members online now.