Writing a book

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Thanks yall.

I read TJ some of what I wrote today and he gave me some pointers.
I want to get more involved in my characters, and I am a detailed person anyways, so I am trying to get out as much detail as I can about each one of my characters.

ETA: Also, can you have more than one main character? Because the dream is based off of a group of people at a haunted camp.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I used to write all the time, mostly fanfics. But no one ever gets to see that stuff. ;) I'm much better at essays and presenting an argument than I am writing a story. I wish I had the talent because I have the best dreams. They're pretty much all movie-like stories and for some reason I am never in them.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I used to write all the time, mostly fanfics. But no one ever gets to see that stuff.
I wont let anyone see my fanfics either :p Not even Ryan. Though I have made quite a few friends in the fandoms I write with who proof all of my work. But they don't know me anywhere else, so it's okay! lol

You can absolutely have an ensemble as your "main character." Often, when you do that, you'll find that each character is an archetype. The challenge then is to make them real. Even though they are part of an ensemble they have to be able to stand on their own as fully realized characters.

The absolute BEST thing I ever did to learn how to write characters was reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. The first two thirds of the book is nothing but sterling character writing. It's also the best part of the book.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
You can absolutely have an ensemble as your "main character." Often, when you do that, you'll find that each character is an archetype. The challenge then is to make them real. Even though they are part of an ensemble they have to be able to stand on their own as fully realized characters.

The absolute BEST thing I ever did to learn how to write characters was reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. The first two thirds of the book is nothing but sterling character writing. It's also the best part of the book.
LOVE the book and the movie.
LOVE LOVE LOVE. One of the best books ever.

Thank you Renee.

CaliTerp07

Members online

No members online now.