Putting toys in the water dish

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Mia's really into this at the moment. the worst is she slings the wet tennis balls around the house afterward! She is just about constantly playing in the water dish. :confused:

filarotten

Fila the love
Until this year, Brutus has loved playing in his water bowl. He would blow bubbles, sling water, and If it didn't have the sloping sides insist on picking it up spilling water all over the house. I think he washed a few toys in it along the way. Hang in there, she will discover something new eventually. LOL

MPP

petperson
I had a Sheltie once who, when excited, would race through the house and throw herself into the water dish. Very odd. But funny.

As for Mia, you will look back longingly at this phase once she moves on to her next OMG adventure.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
For a while, the Kitty Boy Brothers were really into soaking their soft toys in the water dish. And then bringing them to bed with them. They share our bed. :rolleyes:

Morgan had one funny episode with a water bowl when he was a puppy. We were at my in-laws and forgotten a water dish for his crate so we borrowed a small plastic dish that was still laying around the house (it used to be Molly's food dish when she was a baby).

Fast forward a little while, and puppy-Morgan brings me the bowl, now empty. Just carried it on over and dropped it in my lap. We were all impressed, because he was trying to tell us the bowl was empty and he needed water! (Of course!) So we laughed, praised him, filled the bowl, and go on about our business.

Not even a minute later, he brings me the bowl again. This time it was DEFINITELY NOT empty. LOL! Oops.

DanL

Gunnar drops his ball in there all the time. It's usually a rather large ball (6" or so) with a former squeaker in it. Now there's a hole. So the ball fills with water. Then he brings it to you. You get the picture.

Toller_08

Tango went through a stage where she'd drop her ball in the water dish and then fish it back out. I don't know why though, because after she got it out she always looked rather disgusted by the wetness that was now her ball and would drop it and wouldn't touch it again for a long time, LOL.

The Dobermans don't put toys in the water dish, but they enjoy "swimming" in them. They stick their faces in and thrash their noses around up to their eyes. Fortunately they only do this outside now, but as puppies they both thought it would be a fun game to play in the house!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
She's conducting science experiments!

"Does a tennis ball float?"
*drops it in*
"Eureka it does! Now i must repeat my experiment for accuracy!"

Izzie does something similar except with gravity. She stands at the top of our two flights of stairs and drops various items down lol.

Members online

No members online now.