blades

Hi can anyone tell me the difference between a skip tooth blade and a full tooth blade? When ordering for example you can either purchase a 5 or a 5f. I know what the full tooth blades are used for but whats the point of the skip tooth, thanks!!
Also whats the difference between single sided and double sided thinning scissors. I know the obvious differences but what are the double sided thinners used for??
Thanks, you can tell im a total novice!!!

RD

Are you dead yet?
The skip tooth blade is rather self-explanatory. If you look at, say, a 5F it will have teeth that are very close together. A skip tooth blade has fewer teeth which enables you to clip though really thick hair more easily, but it also gives a pretty rough clip. I use the skip tooth to take off the bulk of the hair when I'm grooming a really hairy dog that needs to be shaved down. It cuts drying time in half if the dog has substantial hair, and makes it easier for me to go over the clip with a full tooth blade.

I have an irrational aversion to thinning shears so I can't help you there. :p

Tracey0073

For a thick haired dog ie springer or Cocker I always use a 7 skip tooth this gets all the knots and matts out, I always then go over with 7f just think as the F standing for Finishing blade that will give you a nice smooth finish. What kind of dog do you have??

Members online