Favorite Vacation Ideas?

Lyzelle

Oh, by the way...that leafy decoration over the pool? Waterfall.

Unfortunately they do not allow pets. =/ It's mostly meant to be a couple's retreat.

Locke

Lyzelle, that place looks AMAZING! Definitely my ideal hotel room!

I'm also not one for cramming in all the sights and activities into one vacation.

My favourite vacation so far was taking the train across Canada to the West Coast, and staying in a condo for a week in Vancouver and just walking around the city, pretending to be locals. We saw some sights (Granville and Capilano) but otherwise it was just really relaxing and fun to be out and about in a different city.

My next trip will be driving or flying out to Calgary for the Stampede this summer.

Next on my list will be New Zealand or Australia. I have a friend in Australia that I want to visit, but I want to check out New Zealand way more than Australia.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh, by the way...that leafy decoration over the pool? Waterfall.

Unfortunately they do not allow pets. =/ It's mostly meant to be a couple's retreat.
I'm totally quitting my job and stealing the idea but making it a pet owner's sports retreat.

I checked out their website - no kids allowed! It looks lovely. I showed my mom all the different rooms and was like "THIS one doesn't have a waterslide in the room though." "Well I don't need a waterslide." "*I* do!! WATERSLIDE. IN THE HOTEL ROOM."
I love it. It looks super fun. And I'm assuming when they talk about romantic items available for purchase they totally mean sex toys.

Locke

Haha, ya, after reading some reviews I realized it's designed as a sexy time getaway. Still want to go though!

k9krazee

We're the same way. We had a difficult time deciding where to go after our wedding. Those hotel rooms look awesome! Definitely bookmarking that!!!

We are doing a long New Zealand trip as our 1 yr anniversary/honeymoon

We're going to go to Put In Bay, an island in Lake Erie this summer. It's called the Key West of the North.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I remember the ads for Sybaris - they are hilariously amusing as they are both outdated and very campy. I don't know if I could bring myself to stay somewhere that's pretty much solely designed for sexy times...talk about not wanting to sleep under the comforter! LOL

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
If we're talking about dog friendly trips, I want to go to Barkwells at some point (http://barkwells.com/) which is near Asheville, so only a few hours drive from me. The Outer Banks are also high on my list - I visited with family years ago and loved it. Ocracoke was just the right balance of amenities and non-touristy-ness for me.

I'm loving this thread, though, because DH and I have been thinking about a non dog vacay and I needed ideas, too!

joce

Key west is calling my name! I actually looked at houses online there but its not happening:rolleyes: I haven't been down there for years and I just want to go so badly. But I don't fly so the couple days of driving need to be added on! Its so hard to leave with the horses and the dogs.

We try to do at least a trip or two a year to wayne national forest four wheeling.

We're going to go to Put In Bay, an island in Lake Erie this summer. It's called the Key West of the North.
We take our boat out to the islands! One of the smaller ones but husbands boss has a place out there and a much nicer boat. When we go out in vermilion we have a decent boat,hanging out at PIB not so much :rofl1:

If you don't have a date planned and want to see interesting go for Christmas in July!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I remember the ads for Sybaris - they are hilariously amusing as they are both outdated and very campy. I don't know if I could bring myself to stay somewhere that's pretty much solely designed for sexy times...talk about not wanting to sleep under the comforter! LOL
:rofl1: :rofl1:

I thought the same thing- they rent the rooms out for the afternoon as well!

Another dog friendly cabin place is http://www.slidingrockcabins.com/

We stayed there in December :) Our cabin was very nice, the view was great, but we were sick the whole time!

Pops2

All of my ideal vacations involve dogs & hunting. The only thing that changes is the game & location.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Somebody I know is going to Curacao, and it sounds really nice. I know like nothing about it though LOL
My brother and his friend have worked there for a job, and they said while it can be pretty, you have to be in the touristy parts for the typical vacation beauty.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Oh we've stayed at Sliding Rock Cabins as well - great fenced yards for the dogs and very private!

Members online

No members online now.