Signature length

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Can we please get some kind of rule or "pretty please" on signature lengths/size?

I understanding wanting to get a picture in and wanting to include a bunch of stuff but scrolling through them and the amount of time it takes to load some of them is getting a bit insane. I try to surf chaz on my phone and can't because some of the siggies are so huge! Not to mention trying to read a thread and scrolling past huge siggies before getting to the next post.

I don't even think there even needs to be a rule but please.. if your siggy is like beyond huge, please, think of the kittens and me and please think about making pictures smaller and maybe keeping it shorter and sweeter. Or maybe just having one picture of all your dogs instead of like 3 separate pictures?

Please.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Is mine too big? I'm on Ryan's ginormo screen computer a lot of the time, and can't tell :p Willing to make it smaller if it's annoying!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Is mine a problem when you're on a phone? It never lags on my phone but then I don't really have an issue with them anyway unless it fills my while screen and I'm wildly scrolling through a vast signatureland without a map... I always assumed mine would load fast since it isn't exactly high resolution...

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Is mine too big? I'm on Ryan's ginormo screen computer a lot of the time, and can't tell :p Willing to make it smaller if it's annoying!
Yours is really long height-wise, but since it's also thin it doesn't tend to cause me an issue.

Is mine a problem when you're on a phone? It never lags on my phone but then I don't really have an issue with them anyway unless it fills my while screen and I'm wildly scrolling through a vast signatureland without a map... I always assumed mine would load fast since it isn't exactly high resolution...
Yours has never lagged my phone.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I need to make a new signature soon anyway... wondering if mine is too big....

PS - my random question for this post was "A cat with 1 eye is missing how many eyes?" ..... :eek: :rofl1:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Just got the 3+2+1 question and I kept putting 5 and I was like
"WHY IS IT SAYING I'M WRONG!! IT'S 5!!"
and I got so upset.. lol yup.. it's 6.

None of your siggies make my phone lag, I don't know what it is but it's driving me nuts.

I finally made the plunge and splurged like $2 for tapatalk so it shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I don't think there needs to be a rule or want to make anyone feel awkward or obligated, just figured I would say something and if anyone had some stuff they are willing to let go of or make smaller they could.

I have tapatalk now so I'm good! lol

noludoru

Bored Now.
Can we please get some kind of rule or "pretty please" on signature lengths/size?

I understanding wanting to get a picture in and wanting to include a bunch of stuff but scrolling through them and the amount of time it takes to load some of them is getting a bit insane. I try to surf chaz on my phone and can't because some of the siggies are so huge! Not to mention trying to read a thread and scrolling past huge siggies before getting to the next post.

I don't even think there even needs to be a rule but please.. if your siggy is like beyond huge, please, think of the kittens and me and please think about making pictures smaller and maybe keeping it shorter and sweeter. Or maybe just having one picture of all your dogs instead of like 3 separate pictures?

Please.
Best post ever. I love seeing signatures and dog pictures every time I read a thread, but I disabled them a while back because some people have really annoying signatures.

A good conservative limit is 200 pixels high, and if you really must have twelve different tickers in there, 250 is a less conservative limit. The problem is that if you're trying to read a thread and people have crazy signatures, you have to scroll after almost ever post on a laptop or phone.

ACooper

It got to the point using my tablet was CRAZY with some of the bigger signatures.

It was turn off signatures or complain..........I turned them off :( I miss seeing all the signatures....many of them made me laugh and brightened my day, but it has saved about a bajillion minutes in loading/scrolling.....time I put to use elsewhere.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Best post ever. I love seeing signatures and dog pictures every time I read a thread, but I disabled them a while back because some people have really annoying signatures.

A good conservative limit is 200 pixels high, and if you really must have twelve different tickers in there, 250 is a less conservative limit. The problem is that if you're trying to read a thread and people have crazy signatures, you have to scroll after almost ever post on a laptop or phone.
This is a good idea. Most forums have a pixel height limit on their sigs. 200, 250 max is good. Plenty of space for a short wide sig banner and listing your pets.

CaliTerp07

I've had signatures turned off for years because they were so big/flashy/annoying and distracted from the actual posts. Sad, because I really liked the smaller ones.

Airn

I like the signatures. It helps me match the user name with the dogs. For new members, it's pretty helpful. If someone is talking about how "Ollie" did something cute and doesn't have pictures to go with the story (which is against the rules, I think? ;) ) I can look at the sig or avatar and remember "Oh right, that's Ollie, the BC". This especially helps with people who have multiple dogs or who don't post all the time.

Not to mention it's nice to see the dogs :)

But some of them are a bit extreme. I don't think it lags my computer or phone, but I do feel like I do a lot of scrolling through sigs to get to the posts. Maybe stretching the sigs out more horizontally instead of vertically would make it easier?

The only thing in sigs that tends to lag things up is the moving ones. And those aren't too bad.

But I don't understand sigs that don't have the dog(s) in them. :dunno:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I like the signatures. It helps me match the user name with the dogs. For new members, it's pretty helpful. If someone is talking about how "Ollie" did something cute and doesn't have pictures to go with the story (which is against the rules, I think? ;) ) I can look at the sig or avatar and remember "Oh right, that's Ollie, the BC". This especially helps with people who have multiple dogs or who don't post all the time.

Not to mention it's nice to see the dogs :)

But some of them are a bit extreme. I don't think it lags my computer or phone, but I do feel like I do a lot of scrolling through sigs to get to the posts. Maybe stretching the sigs out more horizontally instead of vertically would make it easier?

The only thing in sigs that tends to lag things up is the moving ones. And those aren't too bad.

But I don't understand sigs that don't have the dog(s) in them. :dunno:
Agreed with the first paragraph.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I am horrible at remembering who has what dogs so I NEED signatures to remember your dog. If you don't have a signature with your dog in it chances are I don't remember your dogs name no matter how often you post lol.

I try and make my own signature as informative as possible while still making it visually appealing(at least I hope) with a bit of useful information on each of my dogs. I actually write every post with the assumption that people can see my signature and have even referred people to look at my signature for information, guess I got to stop that habit.

SaraB

This. Even if you aren't a new member but just have a hard time remembering exactly who owns who.

Also, it seriously blows my mind when people change siggies because it takes me at least a week to recognize who they are with that new siggy. Just sayin'.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This. Even if you aren't a new member but just have a hard time remembering exactly who owns who.

Also, it seriously blows my mind when people change siggies because it takes me at least a week to recognize who they are with that new siggy. Just sayin'.
Haha, that's me too, but it's not so much changing the sig, it's if they change their avy. Omg. Especially with members I don't know so well.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I had this whole pretty Christmas siggie done and then didn't use it for this very reason lol. Figured after having my dorky little stick figures for so long I probably wouldn't even be able to find my own posts back ;)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Someone tell me if mine is big. Lol I don't have issues on my computer or my phone. But I can't think of ever seeing a signature that has caused me an issue so I don't know maybe I'm missing something.

eta well I'm just getting all self conscious now so I'll just go ahead and make it smaller anyway :rofl1:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Someone tell me if mine is big. Lol I don't have issues on my computer or my phone. But I can't think of ever seeing a signature that has caused me an issue so I don't know maybe I'm missing something.
I removed mine 'cause it needed updating, but it may have been too big. On my laptop yours is completely fine, on the netbook everything is too big, and on my phone, it works just fine, if it's a little tall. It still loads quickly though, so not lagging my phone down.

Members online

No members online now.