Are collars a big deal to you?

Are collars a big deal to you?

• Nah....I have 1 or 2 and that works fine

Votes: 25 36.8%
  • Yes, I love to buy lots of different collars/harnesses and have quite a collection

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • I would love to buy more, but I have to wait

Votes: 21 30.9%
  • My dogs don't wear collars or harnesses

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
I'm not really into collars, or any accessories. Jack has one nice leather collar, and three "everyday" ones. He has one harness, one coat, one leather leash, and one rope leash.

I'm also not really into accessories for myself, either, though.

SpringerLover

That said, I *did* just order the Dobermans a rolled leather each as I like to collar them for company and whatnot and other collars just are not comfortable on Ripley if they are to be worn around the house. Keira didn't need it, buy hey, I really like the rolled leather look and have been meaning to get both Dobes one for their whole lives. And these ones come with a name plate so no annoying tags necessary!
Where did you find rolled leather with nameplate?!

Also, I used to buy cheapish collars like crazy but have mostly stopped. I bought some flat leather collars just from Circle T this spring and those have been the collars I've used the most since then. I still have a lot of extras but I purge every once in a while and send them to rescue so I probably don't have a ton of extras right now.

Harnesses (and crates) are another story. I have a lot of extras... and end up giving quite a few away because they are SO AWESOME!

crazedACD

I have a **** ton of plain nylon and lupine collars and harnesses from work. Like I have...a TON. And I can't be happy with those so now my dogs are rocking the Buckle-Down collars. I keep going back and forth on ordering some custom leather collars (I love to window shop) but I never break down and buy them. My dogs are always partially wet, rolling in something..meh.

Oh..and I never ever walk my dogs on flat collars. I've really become quite taken with slip leads...I have a rolled leather slip lead that I have an unhealthy obsession with, and another martingale style rope slip lead.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Nope. I really tried to be at one point. But really... Rosey had one collar from Petsmart the first 11 years of her life... then like 3 between then and now.

Gypsydals

I do have muliple collars and harness. But thats because the training ones I end up miss placing and what not. Ivan still wears the limited slip collar he came home in. And Peewee did get a new collar this year, simply because his was too big after he got shaved.
Not that either one typically wear them, in fact they are not wearing them now.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I have zillions, though my purchases have waned a bit since adding Snipe and Aeri because they like to bite necks and thus no one wears collars in the house.

The dogs do each have 3 collars they wear regularly: a reflective martingale in their color, a fancy martingale in a color coordinated ribbon, and a similarly colored biothane collar. Kes and Aeri also have fursavers they wear weekly. :) The flat collars are the ones that are worn less frequently these days.

Red Chrome

Thanks for the thread! Now I'm perusing collar sites for a couple new collars. Like they need them....LOL

Saeleofu

I'd love to buy more collars, but don't have the money. Gavroche has an Ella's Lead collar that I ADORE and it's all he ever wears; it was mostly paid for with a gift certificate I got for my birthday. I'm hoping to get another one this year so I can get Logan an Ella's Lead collar or a Braid-a-Roo tag collar. I'm fine with having one good leather collar. I do have nylon/chain martingales I use for training (and working, in Logan's case).

I have a leather harness for Logan to wear when he's working, but I recently had to get a nylon one because the leather one is rubbing somewhere. I may just need to punch holes in the leather one, but I'm seriously considering selling the leather one and buying a biothane one. I have one vest that he wears that fits well with the harness.

I do have several leashes, because I'm very particular about my leashes and if one of them breaks, I need to have a backup ready to go. So, I have two leather Euro leads from Onlead, a bullhide slipleash from Onlead, two ecolead slip leads from Ella's Lead, a thin leather leash of unknown origins that I LOVE for training, a bullhide show lead for Logan from Onlead, and two backup show leads (one is a nylon slip lead, the other is a silver snake chain with a thin nylon leash...I love the collar part of that one, hate the leash part). I also have an Ella's Lead Liberty's Attachment for Logan's harness (used as a bridge handle), but it doesn't work with the nylon harness I'm using for now.

I also have a few waterproof collars and a plain nylon harness for each dog to use when we're going to be getting wet and nasty so their good stuff doesn't get messed up. Gavroche also has a car seatbelt harness (I use Logan's everyday harness to buckle him up).

When I no longer want/use a collar/leash/harness/vest I try to sell them. Gavroche's EL collar will NEVER be sold, it's too unique and means too much to me. I love it to bits.

Toller_08

Where did you find rolled leather with nameplate?!
Here! I actually saw them years ago but didn't have money to get them at the time, and then that computer died so I lost the link and was sad. But then somebody posted the link to them earlier today on another dog board so I decided that I had to have them this time. Although I think I originally saw them on a different website; one with a better picture. But the person who posted this link gave a good review. I really like rolled leather collars, but I hate that they only way to tag them is to attach hanging tags normally, so was thrilled to find one with a nameplate.

SpringerLover

Here! I actually saw them years ago but didn't have money to get them at the time, and then that computer died so I lost the link and was sad. But then somebody posted the link to them earlier today on another dog board so I decided that I had to have them this time. Although I think I originally saw them on a different website; one with a better picture. But the person who posted this link gave a good review. I really like rolled leather collars, but I hate that they only way to tag them is to attach hanging tags normally, so was thrilled to find one with a nameplate.
I definitely need to bookmark that for the future!

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I like to window shop for them, because unfortunately I don't have a huge collar budget. So right now each of my girls has two collars with the exception of Cara because I lost her rolled leather somewhere. With that being said, I do plan on ordering Cara an Ella's Lead collar for her second birthday.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I picked "I'd love to buy more but have to wait." I love decorative collars but haven't had the money til now. As it is I'm waiting on my debit card in the mail. But once I get it I'd like to order some collarmania collars.

Grab

I like collars a lot, but I don't have the budget for a ton of them. So everyone has at least one nice leather collar. The dogs who like to slip collars also have martingales for when we're out and about. I do like to look though :)

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I definitely go in spurts. When Harlow turned one and stopped going through WalMart collars like crazy, I went a little nuts and got like 6 of them. Since then, I think all but one has had dee rings, buckles and doG knows what else taken off to be used for other projects. I try to repurpose the straps for tugs and such.

I make leather collars, so she has a handful of those. Right now, I'm really craving a super nice, sturdy, and waterproof martingale for both dogs from CollarMania as well as a rolled leather collar for each of them for tags.

Usually, I try to keep it to just window shopping and I think once I get these, I will be done for quite a while, as I have funds that need to go elsewhere. :)

Taqroy

I have a lot of collars for the dogs but most of them I made. And I actually started making collars so I could have cute ones without paying through the nose. :p

Murphy currently has...three Collar Mania collars with his name on them, one Ella's Lead collar that he never wears, a harness I made him, and an Easy Walk. Mu has a million cloth collars that I made, one EL collar that she never wears, one Collar Mania collar with her name and our phone number on it, and one harness that I need to replace. Tipper shares Mu's cloth collars, has an EL tag collar that I LOVE, one Collar Mania collar with her name and our phone number on it, and one harness that also needs replaced.

I actually stopped even really looking at collars last year when we had to make the girls go naked in the house. It's not worth having cute collars if they get their teeth stuck in them in the middle of a fight. I still want one nice leather collar for each of them but I'm considering just making them myself....I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Can't see 'em on my guys so no. Also I use martingales, so unless I buy from collar makers ($$) it's not like they come in cute patterns anyway. I'm too poor to like collars I suppose. =P

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I looooove collars! Rory has 2 Pacos, Emma has 2 Pacos, Rylie has 1 Paco, Chloe has 2 Pacos, and Tucker has 1 Paco. Since the chihuahuas each have their "perfect" leather collar, I haven't bought as many lately! I'm getting Rory another Paco in the near future (The Glow- it's their new awesome collar!).

Here's my Paco 'collection'. I've sold 2 of them since they never wore them!

Our Paco Collars by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

My problem is that I only like leather collars... so I haven't bought any fabric collars in a while. And I also LOVE Fetching Tags :D

Harnesses are another story- I walk the chihuahuas on harnesses and I LOOOOVE cute ones! We have quite the harness collection.

Members online

No members online now.