Smooshy faced raw feeders

Grab

We don't feed all raw here (we have a herd, and meat isn't reasonable here) but we do do raw meals once in awhile, along with rmbs. Not sure what to give Nog, though. Due to his lack of muzzle, some things are hard for him to grasp (though he manages well for treats and such).

Or, should I just use Nature's Variety for the raw meals?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I know Mandy feeds Izzie the pug raw... and I think she just gives Izzie whatever meat she has? I know she gives her RMBs and chicken feet and the likes.

milos_mommy

I've seen a lot of pugs and bulldogs eat raw without their face shape being a problem. I think I'd try giving him whatever (something size-suitable) and see how he does.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Mandy feeds mainly premade, if my memory serves me correctly.
DanL on the list feeds his pug prey model raw, and I think Bruiser almost choked once, but really, any dog can try to swallow something too big and choke. If it was my dog, I would probably just start by letting him gnaw on a hunk of meat that is bigger than his head, then when he has had his alloted amount, throw it to one of your bigger guys.

You could just do a premade, but it is most likely going to make it more expensive, unless you go with something like the Bravo chubs.

SailenAero

Hits the Mark
I work in raw and feed raw - face shape should not be a problem. What we sell is mostly grinds so it's a complete meal of muscle bone meat and organ or a mix of the above already ground up. Feeding raw has to have a balanced ratio and grinding is the best way to get an even mix.

My foster persian, Ezra, has the flattest face I've ever seen on a persian. Literally, he's almost concave.

This does not stop him from stealing ever meal he possibly can from Gambit. He doesn't seem to have any trouble with the meat, though I haven't seen him get down to the bone, because I take it and give it back to it's rightful owner.

Yes, I am aware that coyote's everywhere are ashamed of Gambit's lack of testicular fortitute (though his lack of testicals might cause that too :p ), but what do you say about a dog who lets a 7lb persian take his food?

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I feed pre-made mainly, but i also give some chicken necks and feet if i have them for izzie's teeth (lately they're dehydrated not raw feet), but izzie's gotten deer ribs too. She doesn't seem to have a problem with those. She can't crunch through a beef rib or bison neck or anything though.

Members online

No members online now.