Horse pics..Aven

Dekka

Just try me..
lol mom2dogs.

His sire is Amiral http://www.4aces.com.au/AOH/warmbloods/dressage/amiral.html

He wouldn't place too well as a hunter, he is very pretty, but those hunter judges don't like the big round step of the dressage bred horse (too much knee action) He might be ok o/f but it would be a shame to waste all that dressage potential to try to make him something he is not.

Cheza

Oh yeesh he's gorgeous. I'd love a horse like him...
A smidge short for dressage, but beautiful movement already. I see the conundrum you're in...

adojrts

Sheeeeeeeeeeit, I'll say! I haven't even looked at listings since I sold my guy, because it's still ouchy to think about :( , but hell, if that's the case, the market really HAS taken a faceplant! Crazy.

I got offered 20 for mine as an unproven 3 year old. AND he was a Quarter Horse! Not exactly top choice in the Hunter ring. LOL Though admittedly, he wasn't a typical QH. He was 16.1 and more often than not mistaken for a Trakehner.
Actually QH's in the Hunter ring is very common these days, been that way since the 80's. Very easy to find 16++ qh's that are fancy, pretty and have that sweepy movement so desired in the Hunter ring. Not uncommon in the least for them to compete in the HUS classes on the AQHA circuit and the A Circuit over fences. You can't be competitive on the AQHA circuit with a horse under 16 hh's, and if they are 16.2 + its a bonus and they are worth some bucks if they are pretty and are fancy movers.
Hell 20 yrs ago, you couldn't find a horse that could win in HUS for under 20 G's unless you got lucky and found something in someones backyard that they didn't know what they had.
Also common for those types of horses to come with a tag of 60 G's on them, especially if it was thought they could be competitive in the states, especially the Congress or Worlds. I ve know more than a few Qh's that were either purchased or sold for 100 + G's.

I haven't been following the market lately, but the high end stuff usually doesn't change because those who can play at level aren't not effected the way the rest of us are etc.

Not to forget, the markets are best for those close to and under 14.2 and over 16 h.h's, that dead zone in between is generally a tuff sell, especially for the hunters, regardless of which circuit the horse is heading for.

Dekka

Just try me..
Think it's a photobucket issue. When I reloaded the page my siggy disappeared too.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
He's lovely..

I dunno what the market is like over there, but I would aim him more at an eventing home.. Young event riders pay top money for horses over here in Europe. A couple of free jumping pictures and he would sell incredibly quickly over here.. ;)

And the best things come in small packages.. My mare is only 15.2HH but we still competed at "Les Champions de France" last year.. Even came 3rd! Not sure if it was luck or skill, or just stickability that got us round.. Ahhh, showjumping rocks! LOL!

BostonBanker

Okay, now I can see them! He's very nice! There's actually a lot of him that reminds me of Tristan - and not just the nice forelock;).

Around here, there is less money in eventers than in anything else. Too bad you couldn't stunt his growth a little more and try to get an FEI pony card on him. The dressage pony market is really starting to take off in areas!

Dekka

Just try me..
Gustav... do you want me to purolate him to you :D?

BB he is just to big now, sigh. I need to find a 5'2" dressage rider.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Gustav... do you want me to purolate him to you :D?

BB he is just to big now, sigh. I need to find a 5'2" dressage rider.
Yes please.. I would gladly take him.. Even if the other half would blow a gasket.. He thinks 4 horses are too much already silly man... ;)

You made me laugh then, I'm 5ft 9" and still riding littlies.. Although having said that, I only weigh 121lbs.

Members online