The Venting Thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I just got a bill from the ER from the stray cat scratch. All they did was write me a prescription for antibiotics and have a physicians assistant tell me that they wouldn't give me a rabies shot and they want over $700!!! Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!
I am so glad I live in Canada. SO GLAD.

That's so scary.

crazedACD

Last night, while trying to get the cat out of the mattress, we discovered the underside of the mattress is moldy. *gag* and that is a common problem in memory foam mattresses, especially Sealy brand mattresses. *double gag*. Not both of us have a sore throat, but we think its in our heads.
:( That's awful.

I found this..it makes sense, but I don't think there is much help for your current mattress :(.
This problem primarilly affects foam mattresses and is caused by perspiration and poor ventillation under the mattress.
Almost everyone perspires constantly, and depending on temperature, much of this can happen at night. Some of this moisture goes into the mattress and, if ventillation below the mattress is good, it simply evaporates.

Poor ventillation (a waterproof boxspring, carpeted floor, plywood, etc.) is a different story. Moisture will pool between the mattress and the surface below, encouraging mould to grow. Darkness and bodyheat compound the problem. Air usually penetrates 10-12 inches into the mattress evaporating moisture around the edges and focusing the mould towards the center.

Unfortunately there is no effective way to clean a mattress after mould has appeared. Prevention is the best method:

Buy a mattress with corrugated airflow layers
Use a breathable boxspring
Use a slatted bed-base (no more than 2" between slats for best support)

Saeleofu

I thought the last bot I talked to was useless...this one was even worse!

[01:06:02 am]: Welcome! You're now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat.

Thanks for contacting us. My name is Juan. To protect your privacy, please don't provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.
[01:06:18 am]: Shannon
I make 90% of the poverty level. I realized today that those who make 100% to 400% of the poverty level are eligible for subsidies, but those of us who make less are not.
[01:06:30 am]: Shannon
What options are there for people who make less than 100% of the poverty level?
[01:06:40 am]: Shannon
My state has not expanded medicare, so I'm not eligible for that either.
[01:07:49 am]: Shannon
Hello?
[01:08:05 am]: Juan
Thank you for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
[01:08:09 am]: Juan
Thank you for contacting Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat. We are here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
[01:08:18 am]: Shannon
Answer my question, please.
[01:08:35 am]: Juan
yes
[01:08:41 am]: Juan
I apologize for the inconvenience.
[01:09:12 am]: Shannon
Are you going to give me an answer?
[01:09:21 am]: Juan
[01:10:16 am]: Shannon
Ugh, useless bot.
[01:11:03 am]: Juan
hi shannon

[01:11:22 am]: Juan
how may I help you
[01:11:44 am]: Shannon
[01:06:18 am]: Shannon
I make 90% of the poverty level. I realized today that those who make 100% to 400% of the poverty level are eligible for subsidies, but those of us who make less are not.
[01:06:30 am]: Shannon
What options are there for people who make less than 100% of the poverty level?
[01:06:40 am]: Shannon
My state has not expanded medicare, so I'm not eligible for that either.
[01:12:19 am]: Juan
Thanks for your interest in the Health Insurance Marketplace. We have a lot of visitors trying to use our website right now. This is causing some glitches for some people trying to create accounts or log in. Keep trying, and thanks for your patience. You might have better success during off-peak hours, like later at night or early in the morning. We'll continue working to improve the site so you can get covered!
[01:13:08 am]: Shannon
That didn't even come close to addressingmy question.
[01:14:06 am]: Shannon
Why are bots used to provide live chat? It's rather useless to have "live" chat when the bot at the other end isn't really alive.
[01:14:40 am]: Juan
Are you going to give me an answer?
[01:09:21 am]: Juan

[01:15:01 am]: Your chat session is over. Thanks for contacting us, and we hope we've answered your questions. Have a great day.
[01:15:01 am]: 10/21/2013

Saeleofu

And now, for the botversation to beat them all...

[01:19:01 am]: Welcome! You're now connected to Health Insurance Marketplace Live Chat.

Thanks for contacting us. My name is PGSKL0591. To protect your privacy, please don't provide any personal information, like Social Security Number, or any other sensitive medical or personal information.
[01:19:09 am]: Shannon
Are you a bot?
[01:19:12 am]: PGSKL0591
Welcome to the Health Insurance Marketplace call center, my name is James, how may I help you?
[01:19:29 am]: Shannon
James? I thought your name was PGSKL0591?
[01:20:11 am]: PGSKL0591
How may I help you?
[01:20:20 am]: Shannon
First, tell me if you're human.
[01:21:10 am]: PGSKL0591
Please ask questions pertaining to the marketplace.
[01:21:27 am]: Shannon
Why? Is your AI not advanced enough to answer a simple question?
[01:23:08 am]: PGSKL0591
I must end this chat.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
i dont need help with the stupid health care thing, but i do need to actually um.... apply. which i cannot do. i go through all the steps and then to "verify my identity" at the and submit, it jst takes me back to step 1. again. love the govt. really do.

Maybe white vinegar?
Oh, good suggestion!

:( That's awful.

I found this..it makes sense, but I don't think there is much help for your current mattress :(.

This problem primarilly affects foam mattresses and is caused by perspiration and poor ventillation under the mattress.
Almost everyone perspires constantly, and depending on temperature, much of this can happen at night. Some of this moisture goes into the mattress and, if ventillation below the mattress is good, it simply evaporates.

Poor ventillation (a waterproof boxspring, carpeted floor, plywood, etc.) is a different story. Moisture will pool between the mattress and the surface below, encouraging mould to grow. Darkness and bodyheat compound the problem. Air usually penetrates 10-12 inches into the mattress evaporating moisture around the edges and focusing the mould towards the center.

Unfortunately there is no effective way to clean a mattress after mould has appeared. Prevention is the best method:

Buy a mattress with corrugated airflow layers
Use a breathable boxspring
Use a slatted bed-base (no more than 2" between slats for best support)
Yep, that makes sense but our bed is on a breathable boxspring and the bottom of the box springs is about 6 inches above the floor

Saeleofu

i dont need help with the stupid health care thing, but i do need to actually um.... apply. which i cannot do. i go through all the steps and then to "verify my identity" at the and submit, it jst takes me back to step 1. again. love the govt. really do.
I submitted my verification documents 3 times now and nothing has happened yet >.<

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Anyone else having trouble with fb? Mine isn't letting me post, comment, like, etc. and no new posts are showing up. :\ Maybe 'll actually have to catch up on chores around the house this morning?! Say it isn't so!

MicksMom

Anyone else having trouble with fb? Mine isn't letting me post, comment, like, etc. and no new posts are showing up. :\ Maybe 'll actually have to catch up on chores around the house this morning?! Say it isn't so!
Yep. I was able to like and share a couple of things, but haven't been able to post.

ACooper

I'm so tired of clouds and rain that I could puke.
I'll join this vent.

I can't get moving or accomplish anything in gloomy weather....just.can't.do it. :(

EDIT: Also, yes. Facebook is a jerk to me as well this morning. I figured it was my browser or something....good to know it isn't just me.

Yup. Not working for me either.

Taqroy

Tomorrow I'm going to have Josh help me find a therapist in our network... I don't know if my hormones are a little crazy right now or what, but I'm pretty sure my brain is trying to tank everything good in my life. I've needed to see one for a while anyways, but it's getting worse. I'm not sure if it's mild depression brought on by stress or just overthinking or what.

Blah. I just don't like being sad and unmotivated and tired all the time. I've been slamming energy drinks just to get through the day lately, crying a lot, I haven't done any serious training with the dogs in well over a month and don't even feel motivated to take them on walks/bike rides or anything which is super odd.
(((((hugs))))) You're awesome and I hope you can find someone to help.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Mine is behaving in a similar manner.

Members online

No members online now.