Oklahoma-ish meetup?

Saeleofu

Okay, so there's people I want to meet in Texas, and people I want to meet in Oklahoma, and people I want to meet in Kansas...among other state of course :p

Anyone up for compromising and meeting somewhere in the middle of Oklahoma? It's definitely possible for me to get to southern/central Oklahoma, but I don't know if I could realistically make it to Texas before I move...

Saeleofu

well 3's plenty ;) If others can make it that'd be awesome, but even if it's just the three of us that's enough reason for me lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I'm still an honorary Kansan, right?? I would LOVE to make this one...when were you thinking? Hmm...I just signed a consultant in OKC, if I meet up with her and have lunch, suddenly it's a business trip and a total write-off! :rofl1:

And MisssAshby is in OKC! We can't forget her!

Saeleofu

And MisssAshby is in OKC! We can't forget her!
Yes! And yeah, you totally still count ;)

I don't know when...I'm pretty flexible. I can't do it two weeks from this weekend, or every 3rd weekend after that (weekend kennel duty)...but otherwise I think I'm free with a bit of notice ;) I generally work Saturday mornings but if a bit of notice I could get off.

Saeleofu

And I might add, even if you're somewhere way far away and want to come, why the hell not? ;)

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm going to need a fair amount of warning, since I'm already taking a rather big trip in March and another one in May, so...

lizzybeth727

bump *cough*lizzybethsmkiezoomandiknowi'mforgettingsomeothers*cough*
Oh, sorry. Hai. :)

I didn't realize OK was so close, LOL! It's only 7 hours to OK City, that's doable for a long weekend. But I'd need at least about 4 weeks notice.

Any kind of a time frame on this thing? Sael, do you know yet when you're moving?

Saeleofu

I would love to have moved a month ago but apparently that didn't happen. I HOPE HOPE HOPE I'm gone by the end of May. If not I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I think the earliest I'll realistically be moving is April.

OKC is fine with me, but I can go further south too if I need to. OKC is only about 2 hours from me :p Either way I'll probably make a weekend of it..hooray for $50 pet friendly motel rooms!

Do we want to do something with dogs, or just with people, or both? Either way I'll be bringing at least Logan, he can always stay in the car/motel room if we want to do lunch or something (I don't think he's ready for a long sit-down lunch yet). I can bring Gavroche along as well but he can be a bit of an ass with other dogs :rolleyes:

What's the minimum notice people need to make this happen? We have a month from Lizzybeth...anyone need longer?

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I think a month is good for me too. I really do want to try to come out. I'm *THIS* close to selling my car and getting a better one, so if I do that, I will definitely be able to make it out. Perhaps some of us could split the motel costs? Enzo will be coming with me, but not Ozzy.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I think a month is good for me too. I really do want to try to come out. I'm *THIS* close to selling my car and getting a better one, so if I do that, I will definitely be able to make it out. Perhaps some of us could split the motel costs? Enzo will be coming with me, but not Ozzy.
come through NC and pick me up :p

Saeleofu

CD I might be able to split a hotel room. A sroom with one bed is the same price as a room with 2 beds at Motel 6, no pet deposits, no pet limits. If I bring Gavroche and he's an ass I can always stick him in the crate ;)

lizzybeth727

OKC is fine with me, but I can go further south too if I need to. OKC is only about 2 hours from me :p
Further south would definately be better for me. :) I'm looking at a map, and although I'm not AT ALL familiar with North TX/OK, it looks like there's a whole lotta NOTHING between OK City and DFW. But DFW would be great for me.... I'm actually going up there for a conference the weekend of Feb 19. Not sure if I'll be able to bring the puppy, though.

Do we want to do something with dogs, or just with people, or both? Either way I'll be bringing at least Logan, he can always stay in the car/motel room if we want to do lunch or something (I don't think he's ready for a long sit-down lunch yet).
If you don't bring Logan, I'm not coming. :p Seriously, though, you don't have an excuse.... Keegan's doing decent down-stays at restaurants (patios) already. ;)

As for me, it's very likely I WILL be bringing Keegan, it's difficult to find someone willing to puppy-sit at this age. Luna's easy to find a sitter for, though, and it's difficult to travel with both of them; so I may or may not bring her.

We could always just do a picnic lunch with the dogs somewhere.... Or if there's a restaurant with a dog-friendly patio we could eat at, that would be fun.

Saeleofu

Or if there's a restaurant with a dog-friendly patio we could eat at, that would be fun.
With this many dogs they may change their minds about being dog-friendly after that :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.